To keep one amused

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't think I've ever had absolutely no positive results from the first two attempts before. And then to almost get it with the third! That would have been quite impressive.

Wordle 369 4/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

James

I don't think I've ever had absolutely no positive results from the first two attempts before. And then to almost get it with the third! That would have been quite impressive.

Wordle 369 4/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

James
But there are so many options for that last letter!
Wordle 369 5/6

⬜⬜⬜🟨🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

That was a struggle!
Wordle 369 5/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜⬜🟨⬜
🟨🟨⬜🟨⬜
⬜🟨🟨⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

369 4/6
Like roche I had the first 4 letters at try 2, how come that happened - is Derren Brown?? But then rather a lot of options to try one by one and was on 50/50 trying line 4 (as I saw it)

After my first two failures I think I'd eliminated all but three possibilities :)

James
That gets me thinking, almost like some scrabble-doku setting... how many letters to eliminate with no matches before you can know the word? (In general or any particular word would be different I suspect). Would need a program to determine I guess...
ie can I work out which 10 letters you used?
Fore instance: if I eliminate the 10 most frequently occurring letters there are 15 words possible... and they don't have much in common other than more double letters than average.
[I like analysing the 5letters sub-dictionary]
Of course the more common letters normally turn up early on, and there are also not a set of 5 letter words that use just once each of this group of letters AFAIK, so this is not so relevant to Wordles.

Last edited:
Back to five today, after another stunning start.
Wordle 370 5/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜⬜🟨⬜
⬜🟨🟨⬜⬜
🟩🟨⬜⬜🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Latest posts

Back