Tinkerbell effect...................

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We have a lot of cycle paths due to being in the national forest and I spend a lot of time driving down narrow country roads.
The cyclists that really wind me up are the idiots with the super bright torches on their bloody heads. They look at the traffic and blind the drivers approaching the damn junction or coming towards them. Last time one of those idiots did it to me I had to pull over for 5 minutes because I couldn't see.
I ride bikes with and without engines but those idiots take the biscuit, should be banned from wearing them.
You'll never meet a more ignorant road user than a cyclist and don't get me started on the hired bike riders on the road that can't even go in a straight line.

Townies.
I have bees on a field headland. There is a footpath that goes around the other 3 sides of the field but that's obviously too far to walk so people take a shortcut and walk in front of the hives. Inevitably some have been stung and their dogs. Complaints were raised but dropped when it was pointed out they were trespassing by the landowner. Some decided to vandalise the hives as revenge wasn't too much of an issue I moved the nastiest bees I have there and strapped the hives to the stand.
So later in the season instead of following the bloody path they walked through the middle of the crops, ended up with a 30ft wide path straight through the farmers crops, the farmer annoyed as to be expected put signs up but they were thrown in the hedge.
The bees won't be there next season which is a shame as the local allotment owners have had a bumper crop and told me they see the bees all over their allotments.
You'll never meet a more ignorant road user than a cyclist .... unless they are driving a BMW !! :icon_204-2:

I saw a BMW with working indicators the other day.
Apparently you can not get the indicators to work on a BMW if you have the air con on and the mobile pressed firmly to your ear!
I once saw one with a cycle rack!!

must have been parked on the pavement with the hazands on, outside Greggs
We don't have a greggs in the village, there is a drive through greggs a couple of miles away. :) That is always busy, nearly a riot when they ran out of stake bakes, social media was on fire with the scandal.

Cyclist and BMW wars are so yesterday. Haven't you heard: we all hate e-scooters now
I can only presume that e scooters are a townie thing and the batteries will not power them outside the concrete jungles?

Thread re-opened ...

There should be a law banning Lycra being worn by anyone who weighs more than 8 stone and has a waist size bigger than 30" male or female .... anyone who looks in the mirror and sees anything that looks like an overstuffed sausage should give serious consideration to not going out ...

Thread closed again ...
What's the approved wear for us fatties?

My gripe is the damn tags they put on any clothes. After three washes they scratch like hell. Their challenge is to sew them on so tightly that you cut a hole in the garment trying to cut them out!

Back