Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

Black Comb 

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
other
Number of Hives
10+
When I log on I see highlighted in bold all the threads that contain a post or posts new to me so I click on the left icon and I'm taken straight to them.

However, there appears to be a time out for this feature even though i stay logged on to the forum.

e.g.
I log on. 10 threads with new posts. I look at 2 threads and then I'm called away but leave the site open. I come back 20 or 30 mins later expecting to continue looking at the remaining new posts but they've gone and nothing is highlighted.

Can this be changed?

Midland Beek 

Drone Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
none
There is I believe a time out function on this website.

Next time you do a search for new posts, go up to the top of your browser, click on the address to highlight it, and ctl+c to copy it. Ten if you want to go back to your original search rersults, you can paste the address back into your browser by pressing ctl+v.

oliver90owner 

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
I usually look at the time of the oldest and then work back. When I lose my list, most of the posts are on the 'beekeeping forum' on the home page, and a few lower down.

Regards, RAB

admin 

Queen Bee
Beekeeping Sponsor
Reaction score
Hive Type
national
Number of Hives
Yes its a time out function.
I set it up at the begining because if I extend the time over 3 minutes it shows more members online than really there are.

I set it low so everyone knows that those members showing as online either still are or have been in the last 3 minutes.

oliver90owner 

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Admin,

Are you short-changing the popularity of the forum. I wonder how other fora do their stats for those 'on-line' and 'record number on-line at one time' etc?

I know - lies, d* amn lies and statistics - and all that.

Regards, RAB

Latest posts