Thymolised feed emulsifier

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The same constituents as Hivemakers recipe but instead of using lecithin in 140ml of water...use just 70 ml of honey...obviously from your own bees and 70 ml of water. So the thickness doesn't come from the honey as it is not used neat.

I take it you are making up the stock mix.
Try adding it to made up syrup to make the normal dilution as see if the thymol separates.

Thank you...I might do that if I get some lecithin. Although I don't feel the need to prove anything. I originally asked a question....but as usual the forum police couldnt help falling over themselves to shoot me down before engaging in discussion. There are ways of saying....your wrong ..without being unpleasant...

I know what you mean!!

If you want some lecthin I am happy to send you some too; I reckon my tub would last me well into the 4th millennium.

Last edited:
I know what you mean!!

If you want some lecthin I am happy to send you some too; I reckon my tub would last me well into the 4th millennium.

Ha ha....since it can be used to reduce your cholesterol ....I will get some next time I am in town....OH is always saying he needs to do that....but thank you for the offer. Also it can be used in making lotions and lip balms etc....not that I have ever tried that.

What about the use by date on the bottom of the can? One has to think of the lawyers!:)

Last edited:
What about the use by date on the bottom of the can? One has to think of the lawyers!:)

Was that beer you bought? I didn't think they bothered with use by dates ....it is usually consumed before it even gets as far as the cupboard!
After the next round of feeding...I will make up some more syrup...all my containers are full ATM.....and I have already added HA to it.

Well if you are thinking in that way you could say that thymol and lechetin should not be used at all.

Edited to make sense. (well I have got 30 kids in front of me so give me a break)

Last edited:
Reason being I can only find it in 250g tins @£8.00 a pop

A bit late on this one, but I found it in one of our common high street shops @ £6 a pop. Didn't bother to try the side street shops where it might be a little cheaper. Maybe a lot, even.

Just do it. One colony of bees is worth more than all the foregoing arguments. Or a jar of lecithin.

For the real tightwads, buy a small jar/bottle/container of capsules and use those?

He he ha ha.....off to the shop...at some point.
There is a little separation...but not much in my jar of thymol mixture...a little difficult to say.....it might all be bubbles.

Latest posts

Back