Thymolated syrup

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Erichalfbee

Super Moderator
Staff member
BeeKeeping Supporter
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
Thanks, Hivemaker, for the recipe.
The 5ml stock solution. Is this added to all the winter feed?
Thanks

bayvarol

Hi folks,does anyone have experience in using these stips. I recieved my first nuc and have found some bees outside of it either dead or with deformed wings and have found one with a varroa mite on it.Thanks

Bayvarol is not now recommended as in most areas varroa has become resistant to it.

Thanks
I use it in all the thick syrup fed in autumn ...yes....like to get at least 1 gallon into a full size colony before the ivy starts,the less of that they collect the better.

:cheers2: HM
The only lecithin I could find was in a large tub at Holland and Barrett.
Never mind, I can eat the rest to keep my cholesterol down.

:cheers2: HM
The only lecithin I could find was in a large tub at Holland and Barrett.
Never mind, I can eat the rest to keep my cholesterol down.

Can anyone tell us where it can be got in smaller quantites please, my cholesterol is fine.
Pref quick delivery or type of shop that maybe local, bakers, chemist etc? I tried my local chemist, no joy.

Can anyone tell us where it can be got in smaller quantites please, my cholesterol is fine.

Give us a clue as to what you mean by smaller.

Ten quid for 375g on epay. That do?

Regards, RAB

I got mine from Amazon.
£4.09 for 250 grams.
I`m not sure about the postage as i ordered with other stuff.

Darren.

Summary of a conversation with H&B person:

Self: do you have any smaller pots of this?
H&B-P: ohh, you'll get through this quite quickly
Self: I don't think I will
H&B-P: you should be eating quite a reasonable amount each day
Self: I'm not going to eat any of it - it's to emulsify thymol in sugar syrup
H&B-P: ...no, we don't have any smaller pots...

thanks all:.)
I didn't know what I meant by smaller, just smaller than the the large one that was mentioned by Erichalfbee:.)

Bayvarol is not now recommended as in most areas varroa has become resistant to it.

That might be the case in England but not so in most of Northern Ireland and Southern Ireland. I believe we are approx 7 to 9 yrs behind the mainland on the varroa scene. So Bayvarol is still working for us. :hurray:

That might be the case in England but not so in most of Northern Ireland and Southern Ireland. I believe we are approx 7 to 9 yrs behind the mainland on the varroa scene. So Bayvarol is still working for us. :hurray:

When I posted this Kune hadn't said where he/she is located.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It is £4.59 and free delivery from here:

http://www.goodnessdirect.co.uk/cgi-...es___250g.html

Website stated free delivery if over £35, but didn't charge postage for buying only this product...whether that changes we shall see....

Thanks

I've had a hell of a mite drop after Apiguard on two hives - must be in the tens of thousands over the four weeks (see picture). Want to add thymol to feed syrup but can't find Hivemakers recipe. Help please.

Thanks Admin. Very prompt. Now all I need is the ingredients.

Latest posts

Back