Three weeks later I found it......

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's coincidental. Bought a new one yesterday at the Devon show because I lost my old one a couple of days ago. Waiting to step on it one day! I much prefer the fine cotton ones rather than those thick plastic ones!

It must be a year for losing them ... or the COT gremlins are busy .... because I've lost mine as well - it's in a perfect sized round plastic box and it's always in my bee box .... but it's not there and it's not in any of my bee suit pockets so I must have put it down somewhere but where ? Goodness only knows - it will turn up eventually - it's a proper one with a wooden rim and cotton wires ... reluctant to buy another. I think it's a sign of an ageing brain in my case ... I found one of my hive tools in the wine rack in the kitchen last week .... I've no idea how it got there or indeed how long it's been there ... it's a worry !

It must be a year for losing them ... or the COT gremlins are busy .... because I've lost mine as well - it's in a perfect sized round plastic box and it's always in my bee box .... but it's not there and it's not in any of my bee suit pockets so I must have put it down somewhere but where ? Goodness only knows - it will turn up eventually - it's a proper one with a wooden rim and cotton wires ... reluctant to buy another. I think it's a sign of an ageing brain in my case ... I found one of my hive tools in the wine rack in the kitchen last week .... I've no idea how it got there or indeed how long it's been there ... it's a worry !
It’s when you find your phone in the microwave you might worry.

Lost my cotton thread one last year, so I bought two more - lucky to find the cotton ones. After a month or so, the old one turned up in the sole of my boot. The rims of all are now painted bright pink. I try to keep one in a tin in the pocket of my bee suit. However I often find one on the roof of a hive at the next visit and the tin is empty. If looking for a queen I will get it out ready and place it on the roof of next hive.

Hive tools have wings when your not looking at them.
I am always searching for my Hive Tool among other items I misplace. I have lost various hive tools over the years never to have found them again. Beginning to think they are eaten by the undergrowth!!!

From years of experience I’ve found the first place to look is your boot/shoe. I had one once that ended up in the hedge after I stabbed the queen🤯

I even searched the apiary with a metal detector to try and find lost hive tools and never did find them.

SWMBO won't let me use her hive tools any more, she has a secret stash of them that she guards fiercely!

I even searched the apiary with a metal detector to try and find lost hive tools and never did find them.

SWMBO won't let me use her hive tools any more, she has a secret stash of them that she guards fiercely!
She probably just repaints your lost ones! :laughing-smiley-004

Latest posts

Back