Thorn's Windsor sale

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ewok

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
3 ( & stable)
Did anyone manage to buy any sale items there today?

I got there late, only to bump into one guy leaving who had got there before the sale started & still didn't manage to buy what he wanted (a brood box).

Looks like theres a lot of new beeks!

That is why I will never go to a one day Thorne sale again. Been once. Never again. Said it before but this time adding that we will all need to order items from the winter sale PDQ or they will be withdrawn from the sale list before we get round to it!

Regards, RAB

Did anyone manage to buy any sale items there today?
Looks like theres a lot of new beeks!

I did .. It was a tight run thing as there were only 18 or so Commerical Deeps on a small stack that everyone was eyeing up!

However, a cunning plan was hatched and I got what I wanted ... The small stack was gone in less than 30 seconds ...

There was a pallate of 300 or so National Roofs that went in the first 5 minutes.

There were some huge stacks of National Deeps and supers. The supers were probably around for a bit longer than the deeps.

The sale finished approximately 10 minutes after it started as about 95% of the items had gone!!

Will upload some pictures ....

We got some National Deeps, and some bugger stole them off our trolley :boxing_smiley:

....... we will all need to order items from the winter sale PDQ or they will be withdrawn from the sale list before we get round to it!

??????

I got there at about 13:00 - deliberately missing the sale as I only wanted some apiguard. Thankfully I had missed the chaos, and it was my fastest trip ever though that shop!

There were people with trailers full of hive parts, I don't know how many flat pack hives fit in a trailer, but it must be a lot. Can't really see the point of buying that many seconds - if I needed that many, I'd be setting up the jigs on the table saw and knocking them out myself.

??????

Sorry, if you did not understand my post.

In plain language - SOLD OUT! NONE LEFT! REMOVED FROM THEIR LISTING!

Those items on the sale list are available. When they are gone, those items are removed, withdrawn, crossed out, erased, or whatever from the sale list. I purposely did not say that Thorne would remove sale items (and sell them later).

With all the new beeks around, some items will be finished and gone quite early in the sale.

I have experienced this in the past and am just saying 'it will probably be very apparent this next winter sale'.

RAB

Last edited:
o9o your reply above reminded me of the dead parrot sketch :laughing-smiley-004

When do they usually have their winter sale? (I know - in the winter - but when actually)
Is it online?

Guaranteed to be between 9 Jan and 30 Jan when I'm out off the country.:mad:

bee-smillie

ribblesbees'

Where are you going? Internet works all over the world unless you have no coms connections at all?

You may have to be one of those who sorts out their order well before time.

It will almost certainly start before the 9th.

There must be an alternative postal delivery addy you can supply.

So what is the problem? None at all!!

Regards, RAB

Internet access is the only problem which I may or may not be able to have.

Delivery not a problem as I've ordered from them before and asked if they'll delay despatch due to being away and they've been more than happy to oblige

bee-smillie

Latest posts

Back