Thornes sale prices here

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
completed at 9.22 :hat: ...

prices did not include VAT :(

maybe I was mistaken, but I thought the price in the cart, to the price when paying was different...

"Total: £281.51 VAT: £42.23 (plus appropriate p&p charges)"

only £281.51 was displaying in the cart. (I tried to stay under £300, but when the VAT was added it pushed it over (don't tell the wife!)

Prices did include VAT!!

Regards, RAB

"Total: £281.51 VAT: £42.23 (plus appropriate p&p charges)"

only £281.51 was displaying in the cart. (I tried to stay under £300, but when the VAT was added it pushed it over (don't tell the wife!)

Price on main item screen dose not include VAT, it is added to your cart at the end.

Thornes Shown prices never include VAT on the internet, it is always added after.

Orders over £100 P&P is FREE.

Prices were inclusive VAT - see post#1 on this thread.

Website prices are exclusive VAT. Internet e-mail prices were inclusive VAT. So unless you are a little more prescriptive, who can tell what you are referring to. Thorne obviously post both inclusive and exclusive prices over the internet. I was, of course, answering this thread (inclusive of VAT).

The final cost should be the same whichever way you work it out.

Regards, RAB

Website , Internet ...same thing.

I think you are going round in circles RAB!

Just pay your money, the computer sorts it all out. You know you will spend to much anyway.

My order for sales items was in at 0909h, so I should be OK for availability.

Regards, RAB

lmao, i am scr**ed den, mine was at 10:30am hehe :(

PS its simple I think, Thornes email included VAT, website numbers exluded VAT, checkout then shows the VAT due

just browsing Thornes site and can't find the sale section... ordered my stuff via email few days ago.

Lauri

On the same row as 'budget', 'new products', 'events', 'courses'.

I would repeat the order along with a covering note, explaining the previous e-mail, to prevent duplication, and ensure it is not lost in the sales rush.

Regards, RAB

is it me, they dont have any national (every other type) Queen Excluders on salas?

is it me, they dont have any national (every other type) Queen Excluders on salas?

No, it is not you, I was hoping for some but they were not included. As I spent my budget on other essentials, I had to opt for the cheaper plastic ones as a temporary measure :(

Order in by 9:07

Our association has just ordered £4500 worth of stuff. All of which they then sell to members at cost price:cheers2:

Last edited:
Plastic excluders work well and as the really fancy round wire ones no longer are available and were four times the price.... the plastic ones are a good deal.

Just use judicious force on them..........;)

PH

so there is no hope for my £100 order then :)..i assume it has now all gone, or do they back order stuff if they have sold out

not sure how much stock they holds, I'm sure I have seen a sign saying the sales end at the end of Jan 2010

Last year my sales order was well into January and the lead time for the goods arriving was a couple of weeks.

This at first led me to believe that Thorne wasn't particularly fast at getting orders out. but that has been disproved of late, with next day deliveries the norm. I suspect that when the stockpile of second quality frames is finished, they make some more and fulfill the orders.

Then they start making second quality frames for Stonleigh etc., etc. It's only the wood used that is of second quality, to the best of my understanding.

I'm sure that your order will be fulfilled OK, but might take longer to arrive as they will work through the stack. Those that don't plan ahead and take advantage of the sales will buy first quality and some will buy nothing but second. It's two different product lines and I don't doubt that they both do very well and have been a part of ensuring that the Thorne business is as big as it is today.

I understand that VEG is going to be pulling a two week stint of frame making for his BKA when their order is delivered. :)

When a particular line is exhausted they simply remove it from the website. Simple as that. The refractometers will shortly disappear from the lists (if there is anyone out there who has not seen the prices on epay!).

In previous years some hive parts have been removed during the sale. 14 x 12 broods and frames are a couple that I recall, in recent years.

So no back orders from outside suppliers. This helps to keep their people working in the quiet months as well as (apparently) helping beekeepers (which, of course, is nothing of the sort because prices could be so much lower all year round.....?)

I consider the Thorne 'sale' a well orchestrated sales drive, not a clearance of old stock (there is some, very little - refractometers are one such item). It is 'wake up time' call to arouse beekeepers from their winter slumbers, thus spreading sales over a longer period than the mad rush when springtime arrives.

This year, I think, is the first time foundation has been included in the sale. It might have something to do with other suppliers selling at much lower prices than Thorne - all the year round.

Regards, RAB

Lol Hombre it wont be me putting the frames together it will be the beginners. We did a put a hive together session a few weeks back, and the way some were put together was unbelievable after being shown as well as being available to help them.

Latest posts

Back