This will make you feel v.small

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just 'Wow'.....

There must be others out there - too arrogant to think otherwise :ack2:

We are just a molecule floating in a drop of water within an ocean

It makes you think that perhaps we should look after it

Just think. Our earliest radio signals are reletivly close to us in terms of the universe. Considering the seti program are we going to get the answear to the big question of are we alone, just in time for the sun to go supernova? It takes something like this film to show just how vast the universe is and how little we know.

My two penneth is that we simply cannot be alone.

Thank you for posting.

Interesting bits for me were the vast size of the Taklamakan Desert visible to the north of the Himalayas and also the hour glass shaped of the known universe. The latter makes sense as presumably we can't see very well through the disc of our galaxy, but I hadn't appreciated what this meant until now. Who knows what's in the dark areas close to us!

Brilliant, it does make one think further than the eye can see.

Now about this knitting pattern I having problems with......................

Regards;

Baggyone,

Our star will never go bang. It is destined to become a red giant and whither to a white dwarf. It would need to be approx 2 1/2 times (or more) more massive to be a banger.

two penneth is that we simply cannot be alone.

I am with you there. The problem is we would need three signals, at least, to say 'hello', By then one or the other will likely be long gone - and that's if the other one (if you consider we are 'that' intelligent!) is in our galaxy........

Regards, RAB

There is no was we can be alone.

Whether or not we will ever discover each other given the massive distances involved is entirely another matter.

P.s. thats a sad dog :)

Onge
its not a dog,its a space wasp,even i can see that,must of arrived on earth using its warp drive.

Grow up RAB!

Many of us (more than 2) would club together to send you on a one way trip to a distant planet.

The button will be pressed on both of you soon!

Last edited:
Now now , I see it as a joke " what has the WOW factor, video / dog or what the dog is dressed in ?".
Takes a particularly thin skinned type to take offence at that ?!
Damned good job you don't have your finger on the Nuke button Jim :boxing_smiley:.

John Wilkinson

Fantastic !!!
What a small place our world is !!

thanks
wayne

Back