this was nice to see

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mark s

Field Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
16 + 3nuc's
hi all
went out a while ago for my daily check on the hive and pleasantly found this event lol
they were all over the show,the temp where the hive is was 14c so pretty warm do you think this stirred them or maybe something else

100_2404.jpg

100_2405.jpg

100_2407.jpg

100_2406.jpg

Mine are all out too - 100's of them. In fact I first noticed them outside my study window which is the other side of the house and garden from the hives so I hope they're not straying too far.

Only +9C here but nice and sunny. Lots of bees flying from all hives and the nuc. A lot are gathering water from the wet grass stems - a woman's work is never done:)
:cheers2: Mike
Typical - nipped out to get a picture and the bl**dy sun had gone behind a cloud:( only half as many out - no rays to take.

its great to see these pics of the girls coming out from the winter!
Also usefull to see how some have insulated thier hives!

I've just popped down the garden to see if the nuc is flying.....

They've made it through the cold snap and have been doing some houskeeping clearing out the dead :party:

I honestly didn't think they'd get this far as they were such a small nuc I rated their chances of getting through as pretty slim, I know they've still got a fair while to go untill the spring kicks off in earnest :)

next door cat followed me down the garden and poked her nose into the nuc entrance.....she wasn't there for long, a worker came out and chased her around the garden :D

Mine are out in the garden too the wife is complaining of bee poo on the clothes lol

I have 2 hives in the garden. Temp today ~7 c and the bees from one of the hives were out and about. I checked the other one and found a lot of dead bees on the floor( 800 ish). I cleaned the floor, but still no activity at the entrance. It may just be that the active hive gets more sun, so the temp was slightly higher than outside the other hive.

I hope I dont worry as much next year as I have this :)

Latest posts

Back