Third time lucky..

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jezd

Drone Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
Other
Number of Hives
Maybe of interest to others.

Took a nice swarm today (although time will tell its value), my last two absconded so this one has a QX under the brood box - the swarm had been out for about 4 days and ended up under a wheel barrow - see pics :cheers2:

Jez

Last edited:
Nic pics Jez.
When I pop out to see my bees in the garden I'll have to start looking around ground level rather than my usual gazing in the trees for any sings of a swarm.

Thats a nice size,the 2 you lost were they much smaller ?

Thats a nice size,the 2 you lost were they much smaller ?

I think the first one this year was about the same size (sadlyt it left the hive before I returned to collect that evening, gggrr), the second 99% a cast as it was in the same location (this one left my hive after about a week even though they had started drawing comb).

Yesterdays swarm was a few miles away and am guessing its a prime (I have feed them, placed bottom QX, and am tempted to drop a frame of store from another hive too).

Jez

A frame of brood would glue them to the hive if you can afford it.

I got a cracking swarm last wednesday. It was huge!

I put it in a hive on Thursday morning and by Saturday they had drawn 10 frames of new foundation! I didn't have a spare 2nd brood, so a super had to be placed on as a stop gap.

The bees are very very calm. Naturally I am very happy!!!

Somebody somewhere lost a prime swarm of very good bees..............

Latest posts

Back