Third swarm of bees to occupy my traffic cone

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dowsing is an interesting subject. i have no idea how it works dose it work ? I believe so problem is any situation I've used rods is biased EG looking for a pipe as to be looking for a pipe your pretty sure there is a pipe somewhere near there to find, but i'm reasonably good at finding pipes not always the right pipe. even checking for pipes as a just incase often where there is supposed to be nothing i'll get an indication. cant find plastic gas pipes with rods for that i need a toothed bucket and a Friday afternoon , can find electric cables but water seems easier

Can I just ask whether those of us who do dowse and use the information can actually be bothered whether anybody else believes or even be more bothered to argue the toss?
No ... I can't be bothered trying to convince anyone ... I relay what I've found over the years and I'm convinced there's something in it. It costs nothing (well a couple of wire coat hangers) to try it out - if it doesn't work for you I'm fine with that ... if it works- well, do you REALLY need to know why ?

As JBM said ... if my grandfather had been presented with a smart phone that could do what they do these days he would probably have thought it was witchcraft ... I use one .. do I know why it does what it does ? Not really ... am I worried that I don't know ... not a lot. Some things I can just accept it works ... for me at least.

As JBM said ... if my grandfather had been presented with a smart phone that could do what they do these days he would probably have thought it was witchcraft

(Arthur C) Clarke's Third Law: "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."

James

In the example of your dogs, if you'd drawn a map of your garden with the "energy lines" marked, then had someone with absolutely no knowledge of you come in whilst the occupants of your house (including the dogs) were not present and had them draw up a similar map, then compared the two to see if they coincided and both showed an intersection where the dogs liked to be then you might reasonably be able to claim that something interesting has happened. As it is, if you know where the dogs like to be and then test to see if there's an intersection point there, your testimony is worthless because you can't know of, and can do nothing about, any possible subconscious bias affecting what you do.

James

I tried something almost exactly as you say. You will not believe - the results were in alignment. But it means nothing to one unwilling to accept the facts. And only facts should matter, not preconceptions. There is no scientific method to prove that something (object, phenomenon) does not exist. But it can be proven that it does when one can see it. I saw, you did not. Not everyone is able to dowse, it seems to be personal.

if my grandfather had been presented with a smart phone that could do what they do these days he would probably have thought it was witchcraft ... I use one .. do I know why it does what it does ? Not really ... am I worried that I don't know ... not a lot
But but............ 5G!!!!! :hairpull::willy_nilly::willy_nilly::willy_nilly:

I doubt you even have electricity down the back end of Carmarthenshire
I can assure you that electrickery down the back end is no laughing matter!
I had a colleague, an ex para who served in Bosnia and NI who bemoaned the fact that in C&E we were forbidden to use his favourite interviewing technique - which he demonstrated to the crew using a trainee and a TENS machine.

I had a colleague, an ex para who served in Bosnia and NI who bemoaned the fact that in C&E we were forbidden to use his favourite interviewing technique - which he demonstrated to the crew using a trainee and a TENS machine.
🤣🤣 I can only imagine!

When I was a junior engineer on a motorway construction site we had mobile mechanics who came to check over our site vehicles every 2 weeks. I was chatting to two of them as they were removing HT leads while the car was running and asked didn't they get an electric shock? The guy said no but you do if you do this. He then proceeded to put a key into the end of the HT lead and immediately grabbed his mate who grabbed me! Muggings on the end of the line was jumping around while they laughed!,,,

Back