Thieving squirrel

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SixFooter

Drone Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
I saw a squirrel pull the lid off my debris bucket, knock it over and pinch a piece of wax! It's obviously done this before because it knew exactly what to do! I'll get a container with a tighter fitting lid!
If it targets the hive, do Thornes sell squirrel excluders?

Nope, but Holland and Holland, Browning, Remington to name just a few do.

:hurray:

Winchester and Beretta do a good range too.....

hate to think what my .270 would do to a squiddle though....!! :biggrinjester:

:hurray:

Winchester and Beretta do a good range too.....

hate to think what my .270 would do to a squiddle though....!! :biggrinjester:

0.270 a really nice calibre. Had a BSA 0.270 once, let my ex have a go. She got a black eye off the 'scope. lol:laughing-smiley-014:laughing-smiley-014

0.270 a really nice calibre. Had a BSA 0.270 once, let my ex have a go. She got a black eye off the 'scope. lol:laughing-smiley-014:laughing-smiley-014

Mine's a Winchester model 70, in .270WSM

never tried it without a Reflex T8 up front, which cuts recoil down to "kicks like a small mule"

took my ex clay pigeon shooting and she nearly landed on her ass using my Beretta 12 bore (I did tell her to lean into it, honest!)

:sifone:

never tried it without a Reflex T8 up front, which cuts recoil down to "kicks like a small mule"

took my ex clay pigeon shooting and she nearly landed on her ass using my Beretta 12 bore (I did tell her to lean into it, honest!)

Mine used to be a .270 win (old school)

I like the T8, got one for my .223 for when noise is a concern, but I usually use a Beni Coolie compensator on my bigger stuff to reduce recoil.

What do ou use your .270 for?

I like the T8, got one for my .223 for when noise is a concern, but I usually use a Beni Coolie compensator on my bigger stuff to reduce recoil.

What do ou use your .270 for?

I made the mistake of taking the firing position next to my mate when he was using a 338 Lap Mag with a muzzle brake.... Big mistake! :(

the .270 is for paper punching and (whispers) if the odd bambi happens to wander past..... :sifone:

need to get my .223 opened up for stalking, as where i am now is mainly munties and i'd dread to think what a .270 would do.....

My hives are safe- just got my latest squirrel- must be nearing the 100 by now- and just a trusty air rifle with sights...

My hives are safe- just got my latest squirrel- must be nearing the 100 by now- and just a trusty air rifle with sights...

nowt wrong with an air rifle, had one since i was 9

i just like bigger bangs these days :biggrinjester:

sorry we've hijacked the thread....

we're just talking about "big boys toys"....

:coolgleamA:

As it happens, I'm 6ft 2, 19 st and have my own shotgun.

Talk about a Show-of-Force response!

You all sound like Bear Hunters, not Bee Keepers ! :seeya:

Neighbour problem worsened and probably certificate problem created!

Then what you need is a decent air rifle or .22 rimfire. I only do squirrels with an air rifle from pretty close range, they are quite hard to take down humanely. I've literally shot one through the head that needed a second round to finish it off. Rimfire on the other hand - toasts them instantly.

Then what you need is a decent air rifle or .22 rimfire. I only do squirrels with an air rifle from pretty close range, they are quite hard to take down humanely. I've literally shot one through the head that needed a second round to finish it off. Rimfire on the other hand - toasts them instantly.

This thread reminds me of an American bee forum Bee...ter, the people on their 'coffee house' could start a world war with the amount of weaponry they keep to hand. Now that's scary!:(
Regards
TBRNoTB

This thread reminds me of an American bee forum Bee...ter, the people on their 'coffee house' could start a world war with the amount of weaponry they keep to hand. Now that's scary!:(
Regards
TBRNoTB

Now, when I was a lad.............

Latest posts

Back