thick bees

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
30+
My bees being feed on syrup are obvious not the brightest. Some still taking a gallon every 2/3 days. Do they not understand that they are no suppose to according to todays guidance:hairpull:

'unless it is exceptionally warm, it is getting too late to feed colonies with syrup; they are unlikely to be able to process it and reduce its content for safe storage'

Then next sentence

'However, they might be foraging on ivy, Himalayan balsam and late-blooming flowers'

if it wasn't so shiny, it would have been torn into suitably sized pieces and let next to the WC to at least have some use

My bees being feed on syrup are obvious not the brightest. Some still taking a gallon every 2/3 days. Do they not understand that they are no suppose to according to todays guidance:hairpull:

'unless it is exceptionally warm, it is getting too late to feed colonies with syrup; they are unlikely to be able to process it and reduce its content for safe storage'

Then next sentence

'However, they might be foraging on ivy, Himalayan balsam and late-blooming flowers'

if it wasn't so shiny, it would have been torn into suitably sized pieces and let next to the WC to at least have some use
Leave it under the crown board once you have finished feeding so they can read it.
We could have a petition for it to be printed on soft paper.

who wrote that rubbish?
I haven't even started feeding mine yet

Latest posts

Back