They Have Gone

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Following from my thread yesterday
0830 this morning bees swarmed, i have never seen a swarm so determined to abscond, they rose in the air like something out of a low budget horror film, then shot off at a speed that would make the red arrows proud. as i watched them through my binoculars they made a "Bee-line" for the woods and the highest Sycamore tree in Staffordshire.
Its a good job i can take my mind off the loss, by watching our national football team in the world cup.
1st Rule of Beekeeping is a sense of humour.......mine is wearing thin :)

Ive had 5 outgoing swarms/casts this year. However due to using Qcs, I now have 6 colonies ready for next year. It's an ill wind and all that.
Lots of worrying in Beekeeping - and not much honey - , but if I still have 6 colonies next year, I wont worry any more!

Karl, maybe I missed a key part of the other thread, why did you just let them swarm? or is this a swarm that would not stay put (I feel your pain if that is the case, I have had 3 leave me).

Jez

On the positive side the other two hives look quite calm through my binoculars, i am really quite fast at limping now,and from what i saw on the telly yesterday i can expect my England call up any day soon

Hi Drew
yes i've been called all of them and many more, and that's only by the missus
except overpaid, however i am an Electrician,that by definition suggests i am overpaid

I hear that Oxo are bringing out a new cube and the packaging will be red and white and based upon the St.George's Cross.

It called the laughing stock.

Latest posts

Back