Thermostat link

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rich

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
Hi All,
Sorry, but I’ve spent ages in search mode looking for a link to thermostat, a nice square job, someone put it up on the forum late last year (I think, time slips by so fast at my age lol)
If I’d done what I was going to, I’d have the link saved up, guess what, yep forgot, but if some kind soul has it could the please pass it on.

Thanks
Rich

This one may be ?

http://www.beekeepingforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4407&highlight=warming+cabinet

325922166_tp.jpg

Now tried and tested and holds the temp perfectly between 20'C - 50'C in my warming cabinet using a 60W bulb.

Now tried and tested and holds the temp perfectly between 20'C - 50'C in my warming cabinet using a 60W bulb.

do you mean it will hold at a set temp say of 45'c or are you saying it swing between 20-50'c all the time?

Jez

I`ve got a couple of those thermostats Jezd.
You can set the differential to anything down to 0.1C, so set it at 45c with a diff of 2C and it will cut out ar 45 and back in at 43C.

Darren.

do you mean it will hold at a set temp say of 45'c or are you saying it swing between 20-50'c all the time?

Jez

I use it to hold the warming cabinet at a constant temperature by using a 60W bulb for the size of the cabinet I have (2ft x 2ft x 2ft) which is perfect for placing two whole supers in it at a time, or two large buckets.

The other option is easy to set up as it has two outputs so one can be connected to a heating element of your choice and the other to cooling device / fan to float between a given low and high temperature if required.

i have a micro wave oven with a fan convection oven facilty, set that to 40c( bread proving temp) and it does the job

DONT use microwaves though, the wire sparks and set fire to the wax.....and you have to tel T.O.H. why the kitchen smell on burn caramel and beeswax

Latest posts

Back