Thermal isolation on hives!

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pvchive

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
None
Number of Hives
120 packing system
Welcome everyone, I'm from Hungary

I got 120 colonies of bee, i made myself my wood beehives, but i found it not so good as i want it to be. I begin to work an another one, an isolant type of a beehive, and it seems it work nice. I found more than 30% brood, and the produce of honey was too much higher as in an other hive. Also i can see that the bees feel so much better inside that type of hive as in the older one. I would like to have about this a discussion with You, becouse i think that effectiveness will interest You too.
I'm waiting for Your observation.

Your's sincerely: pvchive kid

Also i can see that the bees feel so much better inside that type of hive as in the older one.

How did you see the bee's felt better....how did you see the bee's were feeling unwell in there wooden hives.

I can see healtfull and strong colonies, and spectacular upgrade. Sorry dishmop what do you mean under "Pms?"

Guys it is working now i test it also in the life. It isn't a mental story.

Yeah, yeah, we remember you. supposedly 20 times better thermal insulation than a polyhive. I don't think so..........Bye.

In this time we useing also hungarian forums, and there thoose who have isolant hive, they have the same opinion, as ours. But their hive are weak (polystyrene hive). In the other hand i can make a shell about PVC, so they are strong now.

oliver you misunderstand me, i told that it's thermal isolation is 20 times better like a wood hive. not a polyhive. it consume also polystyrene with PVC shell. and yeah you have right my first link was wrong, i forget to check it. :)

I can see healtfull and strong colonies, and spectacular upgrade.

I can see healthy strong colonys in wooden hives or poly hives.....but how can i tell if they are happy....should they be laughing or something.
Plenty of other plastic hives around the world,what makes your one so special?
What breed of bee's are you using.

Saw some hot water tank jackets in B&Q, and I have some sheets of Kingspan in my shed,

Guys it is working now i test it also in the life. It isn't a mental story.

hang on chaps.
What if he has just discovered the longest lasting, most sterile and thermoly and asteticaly pleasing bee hive in the world.
we would be wrong not to listen to him. IMO:smilielol5:

the U value of the wood is : 0,2-0,35, the polystyrene have: 0,035 U value. So it is visible now that's 10 time better. The polystyrene hive minimum thickness is double, like the wood.

all people is proud about his contrivance. and i got 10 year safety on the massproduceing of this hives.

We got in hungary "Krajnai" bee queen. We useing it on 4 half-sized box, 2 of this is the brood, 2 for honey. But after a visit. At this type of hives the brood is on 3 box, on the other type of hive use only 2. By the gathering of honey they need the 5th box too.

The only industry we have left in the UK is making bee hives.....

dont take that away from us as well...

The polystyrene board 4-5-6 cm i can make shells for it with strong PVC table. The bees dont eat it, by transporting it isnt hurt. By cleaning the hives the PVC is stronger also. I think now: on wood use hive some fire, by polystyrene need to listen what can u use, this is easy clean. And also the birds cannot hurt it.
But i see on your web-site your prices, beehives, accesoires and honey, believe me you need to hear about a hungarian acacia, and need also produce good quality, and more and more, but we have less money for it. So maybe you can now understand me why we need to think always new things.

Hey listen guys. Apparently people are proud about his contrivance. That's more than I can say.

It would be nice if hungarian people think so. I congrat to you.
But i didn't studying english language, to order beer in an english pub, so it is produceable in england too.

Latest posts

Back