The umpire's decision is final......

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well phrased, Brossy, couldn't have put it better myself, and here I am agreeing with both you and victor meldrew, whatever next ;)

:iagree:

Which has to be a miracle my wife says I never agree with anyone!

Until the Australians bent the rules!
?? body line bowling???
Aim for the man not the wicket... bloo*in good idea!

not to forget that most umpires are blind

must admit there seem to be a few trolls infesting the forum of late... I will for one not be goaded into a pointless and inane argument... AMMs do not exist poppycock etc
Monty Pythonesqueisms.. this is not an argument ..itis contradiction.. no it isn't...
oh I so despair !!!!

<Ahem> Well I wouldn't want to get into an argument or even contradiction but...........

I am pretty sure Don Bradman the Australian didn't bend any rules by being a brilliant batsman.
The English tactic of Bodyline Bowling devised to counter Bradman and his mates however was seen by some as "not quite cricket".

<Ahem> Well I wouldn't want to get into an argument or even contradiction but...........

I am pretty sure Don Bradman the Australian didn't bend any rules by being a brilliant batsman.
The English tactic of Bodyline Bowling devised to counter Bradman and his mates however was seen by some as "not quite cricket".

Ho hum - I'll bring out the handbags again shall I :D

must admit I know a tad more about beekeepering than any game involving a ball... but my stepfather was an avid cricket fan!

Don't they have umpires in hockey?

They have umpires in lots of sports.
Sometimes they have referees as well eg Tennis where the umpire "manages" a match but the referee oversees the whole shebang....
Badminton has umpires, Grid Iron (Yank Football) I think,
Rugby has refs - but their word is final (You rarely get Rugby chaps arguing with the ref...)

Football doesn't appear to have any officials with any authority as it appears that swearing and shouting at the chap with the whistle is de regure....

Don't mention football, that's a whole new ball game.

ping - pong also has umpires

these threads are becoming like a ping pong match!!

If you ask me, this Forum is full of wiffwaff.

About time we got a better class of Member.

D

Don't need a better class of member: I'm here..

I'll get my coat.

Latest posts

Back