The time has come at last

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gaztafari

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Just got to tell everyone....I pick up my first bees I have ever owned tomorrow....I'm really excited and really scared all at the same time. After a year of attending a society Apiary and learning as much as I can, I have been (very kindly) offered two nuc's. I was expecting one, but then had the offer of a further one...so I've been frantically trying to get a second hive together and all of a sudden there seems a million things I need to do...AAAaaaggghh. I have a fear I will forget everything I have been learning.
I don't think I'll sleep tonight...
Just had to share my joy/anxiety with everyone:hurray::hurray::hurray:

Dont worry to much about stuff you may not remember,the bees are very forgiving,they have managed for millions of years.

Just enjoy it,and good luck !

It's great isn't it :hurray:

Cheers Admin...you're dead right, but you can't help those feelings can you. I feel a bit like an expectant Father, ha ha

Onge...It is isn't it. Despite all my doubts, I've been going around work all day with a big beaming smile on my face.

Thats great !
still waiting for mine after a similar time of preperation!
Very frustrating, but i guess it will happen soon.

i was the same when i first had mine in fact im still like that now some 4/5 years later always wanting more hives and stuff i think you get it in your blood but as most Beeks will tell you when they started they was just having a few hives and end up with 50 or so, hope you enjoy your new bees.

Thanks for the good wishes everyone...susbees, we have had the rain all day here too, and it has seriously hampered the site preparation! I know it should have been prepared a long while ago but, you know how it is:blush5:
I'll be on my way to collect in half an hour or so...just time for the last strong coffee:eek:

I'll be on my way to collect in half an hour or so...just time for the last strong coffee:eek:

<Doffs flat cap and scratches head takes deep breath and gets that slightly distant look>
I remember when I got my first hive.............
</Doffs flat cap etc>

which is not that strange as it was about this time last year!!!

Hopefully the sun is just trying to come through.... So good luck!

I remember when i got my first nuc, 3 years ago. Picked them up at about 9pm. When I got home and put them in position it was dark and quiet. All I could hear was the buzz from the nuc box after being in the boot of the car for 1/2 an hour. when I eventially went to bed all I could hear was the buzzing in my ears! So exciting. You never forget that feeling!
Best wishes with your nucs, Buzz

Hope you and your new charges arehome safe and sound....ENJOY!- There is NOTHING like it!

AMAE :cheers2:

Back