the smell of beekeeping

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

taff..

Field Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
isn't it lovely :nature-smiley-016:

I popped up to Maisemores yesterday to buy some brood boxes and supers which are now sitting under my desk and all I can smell is the cedar, stunning :D

They've got a sale on btw, Deal supers for £8.25, I know you pay for what you get but its good enough for me on my budget :cheers2:

Know what you mean - I go into my shed where all is now neatly stacked- yummy:cheers2:
That's why frame making isn't a chore. Getting high on those fumes- Hhmmm wonder if I can get a grant to ease me off it....

I popped up to Maisemores yesterday to buy some brood boxes and supers which are now sitting under my desk and all I can smell is the cedar, stunning

Some might say it's almost certainly some cedar scented paint that hasn't quite dried. Still, give it another few weeks and the smell might go away :puke:

I quite agree you want to try fresh cut oak and pitch pine but cedar takes a bit of beating

Some might say it's almost certainly some cedar scented paint that hasn't quite dried. Still, give it another few weeks and the smell might go away :puke:

I was in the shop for quite some time and despite me being a bit of a pain in the arse the fella couldn't have been more helpfull, we were chatting for quite a while about different things and funnily enough your case was brought up in conversation, Maisemores version is ever so slightly different than you make out so I'd be gratefull if you'd keep shtum with your snide remarks ;)

and Thurrock - if a new Assoc for bee keepers is ever formed, may I second you as a diplomat :)

Sounds like you would all love being around the sawmill in action,rather overpowering aroma,and the kiln,very strong aroma as well.

Brilliant idea,but far too cheap Fris,i've seen what that Chanel stuff sells for,and that really stinks, essence of cedar is much nicer., £120 for 10 ml,sounds better.
Perhaps JC will get you some for xmas.

Brilliant idea,but far too cheap Fris,i've seen what that Chanel stuff sells for,and that really stinks, essence of cedar is much nicer., £120 for 10 ml,sounds better.

Hmmm perhaps you're right, although I never realised it was worth so much....do you use Bristol or English..........? I suppose Bristol is closer to you.

Perhaps JC will get you some for xmas.

Don't give him any more ideas........the cuddly toys were bad enough :hat:

Frisbee

It's getting surreal guys!

Eue de Hivevmaker? you'll be extending the range to essence of Hedgerow and waft of Frisbee next. Then there's the advertising to go with it "Admin, for the beek who doesn't have to try too hard"

What about the smell of a furious colony?

I remember hearing my dog whimper and the smell of raging bees filled the vehicle as the bees escaped from the nuc box and covered the rear windows as I crossed the Kessick Bridge heading for Connon Bridge.

One to remember.

PH

PH

the last time the bee inspector came to look in my hives he took the crown board off my 'tempermental' colony and said

'Hmmm, smell the alarm pheremone'

I thought 'I'd rather not if its all the same to you' :svengo:

:D

Poly Hive,

It's when you realise your beesuit is in the back with them, that you realise you are in a spot of trouble....

Regards, RAB

I remember hearing my dog whimper and the smell of raging bees filled the vehicle as the bees escaped from the nuc box and covered the rear windows as I crossed the Kessick Bridge heading for Connon Bridge.

One to remember.

PH
You must be bananas:).
must be a pun in there somewhere.

John Wilkinson

Latest posts

Back