The retirement life of a queen

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hive 2 has a 2014 queen and she is still laying strong. After a chat with jbm at the convention, we fully expected them to supersede her once the year got going but nope! Huge, beautifully laid frames of brood. I'll be sorry to see her go. I'm starting to hope she'll see out the rest of this year at least.

Sorry if I am being thick, but she won't have "flown off" in my (embarrassing and very recent experience) but will come back. She'll be there if you look (impossible to find but it depends how committed you are whether you might want at least to try).

Mmm, I'll keep an eye out for her and she's usually very easy to spot. Don't think I've had one inspection without ever seeing her. Green spot, and a much lighter colour than her almost black offspring.

Mmm, I'll keep an eye out for her and she's usually very easy to spot. Don't think I've had one inspection without ever seeing her. Green spot, and a much lighter colour than her almost black offspring.

Sorry no I mean to the apiary. Looks like she's regina non grata in the hive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back