The next day...

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That’s it……my vets used to be independent. They used to defer to my professional status and give me lots of leeway in prior diagnosis and duspensing of drugs. I always picked up Brackens vaccine and did it myself.
Then they were bought up and things have mightily changed. Some of the young vets employed there are quite unhappy. To add they get little mentoring and support.

That’s a terrible shame. Long live the NHS.....

That’s a terrible shame. Long live the NHS.....
The NHS saved my life at considerable cost. We must preserve the structure at all costs. I speak to people in the USA similarly afflicted and if they don’t have the cash or insurance survival is down to luck. On the other hand if they are insured they get instant treatment, a plethora of investigations and a huge bill for the insurance company

The NHS saved my life at considerable cost. We must preserve the structure at all costs. I speak to people in the USA similarly afflicted and if they don’t have the cash or insurance survival is down to luck. On the other hand if they are insured they get instant treatment, a plethora of investigations and a huge bill for the insurance company

Difficult to understand the mindset of the US electorate.

My post above was written with some feeling: admitted yesterday with blocked bypass graft in leg (2014), surgery (hopefully) today!

My post above was written with some feeling: admitted yesterday with blocked bypass graft in leg (2014), surgery (hopefully) today!
I suppose it’s what you are used to. My daughter lives in Berlin and pays a significant sum into health insurance which is mandatory.
For that she can get a consultant appointment and an MRI for example in three days.
Hope it goes ok and you’re out soon

All the best for today, Amari 👍

It can be slightly more nuanced... I have a friend who married an American and moved out that way. As far as I've been able to make out, hey don't have health insurance (or if they did it didn't cover their children) and aren't 'well off', living in the Midwest. One of their children had significant medical issues from birth and unfortunately after several years of repeated hospital admissions, respiratory infections, etc. eventually succumbed. As I understand it they had state aid covering the bills and had faster and better care than they might have had on the NHS in a simarly rural location in the UK. It's a different system to here but just like they hear half the story about the NHS, I suspect we don't hear the full picture.

If we are still talking about salaries,
Coincidence or not, fuel price has rocketed just as the forces are being used to deliver fuel.
Boris must be charging heavily for having them helping out !!!!!.

If we are still talking about salaries,
Coincidence or not, fuel price has rocketed just as the forces are being used to deliver fuel.
Boris must be charging heavily for having them helping out !!!!!.
Correlation isn't necessarily causation. Most likely the fuel companies taking advantage of the recent panic buying to bump prices up IMHO.

Back