The most useless thing I have bought to help my beekeeping .. or anywhere else for that matter !

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pargyle

Super Moderator
Staff member
BeeKeeping Supporter
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
OK ... following the confession in another thread from another member I thought I would start winter off with the opportunity to confess the things we have bought that live in the back of the shed never to be used - seemed like a good idea at the time is the only exscuse !

Mine ... the Queen clip catcher - only ever used it once and sucessfully squashed a perfectly good queen when she decided to make a run for it when I let the thing close. Never again ...

Come on now - time to own up - we've all got a skeleton in the cupboard somewhere ...Queen clip catcher.jpg

Actually I have a very expensive Norwegian four season sleeping bag that was supposed to accompany me up Mt Cotopaxi 18 years ago. Trip was cancelled and it’s still in its wrapping hanging in a spare wardrobe. I might go and look at it 😁

Uncapping roller used once, has sat at the back of store shed for many years now..

A bee brush. Waste of time and money and clogged first time I used it and upset all the bees.
A Burco boiler for rendering down wax, that cost nothing (Freecycle) but drove half way across Sussex to collect with OH to get home and find it doesn't work..... :cuss:

DIY pollen trap never used.

All used at the moment, still early days for us though

Latest posts

Back