The most useless thing I have bought to help my beekeeping .. or anywhere else for that matter !

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Abelo steam uncapping knife. Good for creating steam, not a lot else
That's interesting. An ex-member of this forum (beefriendly) seemed to think his was the best thing he had ever acquired. Uncapping is the bane of the honey harvest for me and currently the bottleneck, so I was looking at the Abelo steam knife as a possible solution. What is the problem with it?

That looks very user friendly? What's it called and how much is it?
Don't know what it's called but don't tell the BBKA whatever you do as they'd wet themselves over a mechanical shook swarming device :icon_204-2: :icon_204-2: :icon_204-2:

I've been asked to "rationalise" the apiary and storage at a teaching apiary. I had a quick look through the container this morning. Some wonderful things in there completely unused including some EH Taylor drone foundation and section wax. When did Taylors pack up?

I think Taylors were still trading when I started beekeeping in the early 70s but suspect they were taken over by ?Thornes soon after.

I think Taylors were still trading when I started beekeeping in the early 70s but suspect they were taken over by ?Thornes soon after.
I looked it up on tinternet, Thornes bought them in '84.
It should be interesting to see if the bees will use the foundation that is about 20yrs old. Roger P tried some 30yr old stuff which the bees used after it was left in the sun for a while.

Latest posts

Back