The most useless thing I have bought to help my beekeeping .. or anywhere else for that matter !

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

pargyle 

Super Moderator
Staff member
BeeKeeping Supporter
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
OK ... following the confession in another thread from another member I thought I would start winter off with the opportunity to confess the things we have bought that live in the back of the shed never to be used - seemed like a good idea at the time is the only exscuse !

Mine ... the Queen clip catcher - only ever used it once and sucessfully squashed a perfectly good queen when she decided to make a run for it when I let the thing close. Never again ...

Come on now - time to own up - we've all got a skeleton in the cupboard somewhere ...Queen clip catcher.jpg

Erichalfbee 

Super Moderator
Staff member
BeeKeeping Supporter
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
Actually I have a very expensive Norwegian four season sleeping bag that was supposed to accompany me up Mt Cotopaxi 18 years ago. Trip was cancelled and it’s still in its wrapping hanging in a spare wardrobe. I might go and look at it 😁

tonyofarr 

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
national
Number of Hives
Frame feeder used once, loads of bees drowned in syrup.

Frame rests bought in a sale, never been used.

Moobee 

House Bee
BeeKeeping Supporter
Reaction score
Hive Type
national
Number of Hives
A bee brush. Waste of time and money and clogged first time I used it and upset all the bees.
A Burco boiler for rendering down wax, that cost nothing (Freecycle) but drove half way across Sussex to collect with OH to get home and find it doesn't work..... :cuss:

Latest posts