The latest bit of stupidity.

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pure Nuggets who obviously don't have a good Mother, i did however think the write up was wrong as are most when journalists are involved.
Did you read this bit Dusty.

Luckily, most of the insects were hibernating and wouldn’t have been stirred.

But the group won’t be able to check how many bees have survived until the summer

:)
Pure Nuggets who obviously don't have a good Mother, i did however think the write up was wrong as are most when journalists are involved.

But the group won’t be able to check how many bees have survived until the summer

Yep. they got the description wrong, describing them as 'men'. 'Tossers' would be closer I think. Am I close?

Last edited:

Yes I did. But this is the Manchester Evening News - not a quality newspaper!

Not the first time either according to the park's website

http://www.fokgvpf.co.uk/New Queen.htm
The outside hives have been vandalised twice since they were installed last year and hopefully the vandals were stung many times as they haven't come back.

:(

The strapping didn't look very tight on the video making it easier to dislodge the
roof.
Pity they didn't do it on a summer evening when the response from the bees would have been better.
Hope they get identified from the CCTV images

The strapping didn't look very tight on the video making it easier to dislodge the
roof.
Pity they didn't do it on a summer evening when the response from the bees would have been better.
Hope they get identified from the CCTV images

another reason for insulation ... more active defence

Back