The healthy food option

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lol thats classic and disgusting :ack2: :spam:

Quality stodge, after a few days racing a boat offshore, this sort of stuff is ambrosia. I can't wait to fine out how much 'Grants' black pudding is. :)

Hachinoko:
Preserved bee larvae,a chinese delicacy.
Hachinoko became popular years ago when country people, deprived of fish and meats, turned to other wildlife in search of protein. The larvae are cooked in soy sauce and sugar and taste mildly sweet with a crumbly texture.

Really the lard is not so different from something in oil - pilchards, olives etc. It just sounds strange.

I love dripping and as I reared a rather fat pig :piggy: over the winter am working my way slowly through the excess fat from roasting every time I have toast :drool5::drool5:

Frisbee

Admin;20853 said:
Hachinoko:
Hachinoko became popular years ago when country people, deprived of fish and meats, turned to other wildlife in search of protein. The larvae are cooked in soy sauce and sugar and taste mildly sweet with a crumbly texture.

It is said that in China, if it moves or not nailed down, they'll eat it.

I'm sure I couldn't eat them, but then again I'm not starving so who can tell.

bee-smillie

Admin;20853 said:
Hachinoko:

Oh yuk...... I think I taste vomit in my mouth.:puke:

Think about it, in a fried rice dish, you might not even notice them, certainly not for what they are, just another slightly sweet bit. So you might be varroa checking your Chinese takeaway before long? :cheers2: :grouphug: :puke:

Hombre;21335 said:
Think about it, in a fried rice dish, you might not even notice them, certainly not for what they are, just another slightly sweet bit. So you might be varroa checking your Chinese takeaway before long? :cheers2: :grouphug: :puke:

Is there an Asian Foulbrood we'd have to check for as well??? :rolleyes:

bee-smillie

Back