The flow????

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

louiseww

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
3 hives
When beeks talk about this do they mean the nectar flow? Doesn't pollen count as flow?
My bees seem to be very busy and the garden has lots of plants that are still being worked on by the bees so is this still 'the flow'?

I would also like to add to this Q.
I read alot about it's finished , is this temp or by area?
As where i live i would of thought it would carry on until at least sept?
Help here please as i am a bit miffed

When beeks talk about this do they mean the nectar flow? Doesn't pollen count as flow?
My bees seem to be very busy and the garden has lots of plants that are still being worked on by the bees so is this still 'the flow'?

I consider only nectar to be " The flow or Honey flow " , incoming pollen is a welcome sight but heavy bees crashing into the hive is more rewarding.

I would also like to add to this Q.
I read alot about it's finished , is this temp or by area?
As where i live i would of thought it would carry on until at least sept?
Help here please as i am a bit miffed

Temp, area and types of forage. For us down in the south the bees have a more good days to get out and collect the last of autumn nectar and pollen with our weather giving us a slightly extended season compared with those up north. Last year my colonies were still out in October although it was more likely they were on cleansing flights then foraging.

I class it as when the bees throw themselves out of the hive sharpish to get nectar (not plollen). Like a rat out of an aquaduct.

Latest posts

Back