The European dark honey bee

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hunajavelho

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
None
Anyone have the book "The European dark honey bee" by Ruttner, Milner, Dews.

or as an online version somewhere?

I would like to know how this sentence continues, from the j. hybrids section;
Hybrids of the dark bee with other races, especially with carniolans are among the most prolific and productive bees I have ever encountered. First cross develop rapidly to strong colonies in spring, they are healthy, winter excellently and their honey production is usually distinctly superior to both their parental races. Their great drawback, a...........................................................????

Anyone have the book "The European dark honey bee" by Ruttner, Milner, Dews.

or as an online version somewhere?

I would like to know how this sentence continues, from the j. hybrids section;
Hybrids of the dark bee with other races, especially with carniolans are among the most prolific and productive bees I have ever encountered. First cross develop rapidly to strong colonies in spring, they are healthy, winter excellently and their honey production is usually distinctly superior to both their parental races. Their great drawback, a...........................................................????

p.29
"Their great drawback, a definite obstacle to apicultural use in densely populated countries is their fierce temperament, which is in surprising contrast to both their parents".

I have a copy signed by Eric Milner given to me by Eric as thanks for being one of the proof readers of his English translation of Ruttners work

I just found these books secondhand. I had misread the price of the one on the left....£20 and it's not much more than a pamphlet!! ;) I will read it because I really am keen to find out what all the fuss is about Steve.... @Swarm ...I could end up being one of your allies. ;)
IMG_20200828_160146_786.jpg

20 is quite cheap for that book, I’ve been trying to get hold of it for the last few years but it’s out of print and they don’t seem interested in reprinting it. I’d happily buy it off you (or anyone else) for twice that price - after you finish reading it of course! I can also turn it into an ebook, if I can get hold of a copy, which would be useful for others who’d like to read it.

20 is quite cheap for that book, I’ve been trying to get hold of it for the last few years but it’s out of print and they don’t seem interested in reprinting it. I’d happily buy it off you (or anyone else) for twice that price - after you finish reading it of course! I can also turn it into an ebook, if I can get hold of a copy, which would be useful for others who’d like to read it.

:) I'll get back to you on that. It is interesting reading and I can see it would be hard to get hold of if I had tried to. :)

Latest posts

Back