The Collins Beekeeper's Bible: Bees, Honey, Recipes and Other Home Uses

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jezd

Drone Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
Other
Number of Hives
Anyone purchased this book, just wonder if they have done it like the DIY books they do?

JD

I have a copyof this.

Section 1 - Bees and Beekeeping phistory (68 pages)

Section 2 - Understanding the Honey Bee (74 pages)

Section 3 - Practical Beekeeping (114 pages)

Section 4 - Honey and other Bee products (38 pages)

Section 5 - Recipes and Home crafts (93 pages)

Last edited:
I`ve got a copy and I like it.

It`s the kind of book you can dip in and out of while having a coffee. It won`t knock Hooper off the top of my list but it`s a nice book to have.

Darren.

The Buzz about Bees Biology of a Superorrganism

Just finished reading this brilliant book. the explanation of the colony and its lifestyle are well written in plain English with photos to explain what is being said. I would recommend this book to beekeepers with a couple of years experience but not for beginners, as you need a sound working knowledge of bees prior to reading this book. 10.9 out of 10.

Requested it from my local library. Thanks for the heads up.

Collins Bee keepers Bible

Anyone purchased this book, just wonder if they have done it like the DIY books they do?

JD

I bought a copy last week from Wisley Gardens, £30.00 very good book covers most things, I have a variety of other bee books plus Video discs, its quite amazing the variety of bee books on the market all with slightly but similar ideas ect
Just shows the subject of beekeeping is not just for the faint hearted, but the most rewarding hobby one can have bee-smillie
Mike

You can get a hardback copy of "The Collins Beekeeper's Bible: Bees, Honey, Recipes and Other Home Uses" via Amazon for £17.49 delivered!!!

Afermo
I didnt think of that it was a spur of the moment purchase, I think I will go and stick my head in a hive.
Mike

Afermo
I didnt think of that it was a spur of the moment purchase, I think I will go and stick my head in a hive.
Mike

I hate paying above the odds Mike, but don't stick your head in a hive....maybe your wallet so you'd have to think before you got it to open lol ;)

Latest posts

Back