The chinese bee

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow!

That is one serious volume of comb!

So, tell us the story then.?
Where was it found? What did it weigh?
How much honey?

Etc.

Welcome to the Forum, by the way.

Where in China do you live?

Dusty

Hello and welcome to the forum.

How wonderful to have attracted someone from so far afield!

:)

Clearly you work without frames. Do you melt the lot down to get the honey or sell it as chunks? Oh.....and welcome
E

Hello, me old China. Whereabouts are you in China? What is the region like, etc?

hi, i'm live in Shenzhen city (the south of china), very luck to found this forum from google.
the chinese bee's technical name is Apis cerana cerana.
In china, we have 2 different beekeeping method, one is modern(as you know, keeping with frame), the other is tradition, the tradition beekeeping working without frame, the little bee live in wooden hive like the wild bee, the comb honey what you see in this thread got from tradition beekeeping. It weigh about 6KG, usually,we will cut it to little pieces and share to friends.:)

Thought they might be Apis Cerana - they look too stripy to be Apis Melifera

Hi china bee, would this be similar to your beekeeping methods?

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_pKEn5WtLM&feature=relmfu[/ame]

Steve

Hiya Chinabee, thanks for posting your pictures, looks delicious! :)

yes, the same method, we don't need to takecare them like frame beekeeping when we using the tradition beekeeping, just need to cut comb honey every quarter, a lazy method.:)

Hello, me old China

Welcome .... " me old China " is Cockney rhyming slang for China Plate... mate..

An English dialect once limited to those who were born in earshot of Bow church Bells in East London... now merged with a strange and somewhat incomprehensible dialect named "estree" common in Essex !

Hello, me old China

Welcome .... " me old China " is Cockney rhyming slang for China Plate... mate..

An English dialect once limited to those who were born in earshot of Bow church Bells in East London... now merged with a strange and somewhat incomprehensible dialect named "estree" common in Essex !

Well, as an East Londoner and born central London (mind it would have to be a calm night with a strong southerly wind for me to be born in earshot of Bow bells which were long gone when i was born), I feel perfectly at ease using elements of it.

Time was –*ans I can remember it –*you could tell where people were from in London, but the tellybox has screwed that and you get people speaking like they are in Eastenders way out west. And I mean Berkshire and Oxfordshire, not Chiswick.

Hi Chinabee, fantastic looking comb honey. Thanks for the photos. I've a nephew living in China, in (pronounced) Shenshen, next to Hong Kong. Guess thats a very long way from you?

Latest posts

Back