The Beehive Cluster

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hive Type
None
Number of Hives
0 - Now in beeless retirement!
For those still awake and blessed with clear skies, go outside and look up and find the Moon, that's the big thing shining very bright at the moment.

Look left about a hand's width for a small red speck - that's Mars. At its brightest apparently at the moment as it is opposite the Sun.

In between the two is a cluster of stars known as the Beehive Cluster or less picturesquely as M44. You will need binoculars to see it unless you live in somewhere like Galloway and have a very dark sky and very good eyesight.

It doesn't look much like a beehive to me, more a small swarm of bees wearing head torches.

I can see Mars Ok. Nice clear night up here in North Devon but bl**dy cold out there.

hi i can see mars. the moons to bright to see anything else, and i live in galloway. thanks for that, regards rourkie

Moon is very bright here this evening - but have mislaid the bino's so cant comment on the headlight wearing bees!

Wow thanks for the heads up, I normally miss all this stuff.

This is the best i could do without a tripod. Thanks for the heads up

Latest posts

Back