The Bear and the Bee

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
According to YouTube this story is from 2010
Some time ago he showed how his now famous exploits in eating wax with no honey ended
Twit!

Bear Grylls smiling for the camera: The TV survival expert needed medics to rush and save him while he filmed his new series© Provided by Reach Publishing Services Limited The TV survival expert needed medics to rush and save him while he filmed his new series

Bear Grylls was saved by medics after a bee sting triggered a life-threatening allergic reaction.

The 45-year-old former SAS hardman has taken on some of the most gruelling areas of the world but he was downed by the bee while filming.

Bear, who is allergic to bee stings, went into anaphylactic shock, which can prove fatal, while filming his new survival series Treasure Island.

Bear tried to carry on working but his bravery almost cost him his life as his face swelled up and he lost consciousness.

Medics raced over to help and they saved the star by injecting him with an EpiPen.

There is anaphalaxys and there is shock.
medically speaking two totally different reactions:calmdown:

Just to put the record straight!!

Chons da

Anaphylaxis can lead to anaphylactic shock I.e shock brought on as a result of anaphylaxis. A common feature to all " shocks" is a dramatic lowering of blood pressure, which can lead to unconsciousness.
Dr Ex

Anaphylaxis can lead to anaphylactic shock I.e shock brought on as a result of anaphylaxis. A common feature to all " shocks" is a dramatic lowering of blood pressure, which can lead to unconsciousness.
Dr Ex

I only did 7 years of medicine, before I gave up!!!!..... so I bow to you better knowledge.

I was taught that there is anaphalaxys and there is shock.
So medically speaking two totally different conditions?

Just to put the record straight!!

Before I get pulled up, this is intentionally a simplistic view.

That suits me too
I don’t know whether Karol’s intention was to dissect the definition of anaphylaxis/ anaphylactic shock but Bear Grylls’s physiognomical transformation is much more interesting :D

That suits me too
I don’t know whether Karol’s intention was to dissect the definition of anaphylaxis/ anaphylactic shock but Bear Grylls’s physiognomical transformation is much more interesting :D

Apparently he really is a swell guy!

Yeghes da

Latest posts

Back