That was horrendous!

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kazmcc

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
None, although I have my eye on one ( Just don't tell Dusty ;) )
I have just redone the thymol treatment on the school bees. Even before I took the strap off the hive, I could hear them, which is unusual as they are normally very quiet. They were all over us as soon as the super came off, and they were attacking the foil the thymol was on. After we put them back together they settled down really quickly as usual, but it was scary :svengo:

Hi

Are you primary or secondary/

I know I am just starting out but I was thinking ahead and I might have a flat roof overlooking farm land that would suit a couple of hives and we could sell the produce from the school restaurant. We are secondary, what problems did you have with getting it agreed through the school?

Hi, we are at a primary school. We had no problems whatsoever, which surprised me. We are not on the premises, there is an allotments next to the school yard, and the bees are on a plot right next to the gate. Have a look at my album, the first one, you'll see what I mean.

Latest posts

Back