Thankyou

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Curly green finger's

If you think you know all, you actually know nowt!
BeeKeeping Supporter
Reaction score
Herefordshire/titterstone clee hill/ Worcestershir
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
86 + nucs/ mini nucs
Afternoon, as my blog is in the cupboard under the stairs being looked after by the mods. I won't be starting another one.
I don't know if some of you remember on my blog there was a newbee from Shropshire called @beeker I met him yesterday evening as he came to pick up a nuc that I have gifted to him as a starting colony, I wasn't expecting anything in exchange except some frames, but he has given me a new jam maker from Lidl which I can use to melt my cystalized buckets of honey.
Thankyou so much Mark what a surprise and very kind jester on your part. It will get used for jam first and then honey buckets at a later date.
I hope you enjoy the bees which are my own reared stock from here on the hill.
Cheers
Cgf. :cheers2:. 👊

Afternoon, as my blog is in the cupboard under the stairs being looked after by the mods. I won't be starting another one.
I don't know if some of you remember on my blog there was a newbee from Shropshire called @beeker I met him yesterday evening as he came to pick up a nuc that I have gifted to him as a starting colony, I wasn't expecting anything in exchange except some frames, but he has given me a new jam maker from Lidl which I can use to melt my cystalized buckets of honey.
Thankyou so much Mark what a surprise and very kind jester on your part. It will get used for jam first and then honey buckets at a later date.
I hope you enjoy the bees which are my own reared stock from here on the hill.
Cheers
Cgf. :cheers2:. 👊
What happened to the blog? What have I missed?

Oh no, I’m so sorry Mark, that’s just awful. You've seen the bad and the good side of folk this week it seems.
I expect you’re looking forward to receiving your “we‘re sorry you’ve been a victim of crime” pamphlet from the old bill. It’ll be about as much interest they’ll take, I bet.
Keep smiling,
I will,;) looking forward to extracting some good amounts of honey in a week or two after looking in on hives today.
Hives are near the Heather ready to.
Both here and at work.
Im tempted to move more whats there to loose.! Other than sweat, cost of moving them etc etc.... :giggle:

Reactions: mbc
I've just seen this post Mark.
I was going to post a thank you to you, but wasn't sure if you would want naming in it.

But now you've posted this I can say thank you publicly. And thank you for allowing me to visit your stunning location, especially having just suffered a theft.

The honey warmer/Jam maker was the very least I could do for you.
I've still got a massive amount to learn, and your help and that of others here has made starting out a whole lot less forbidding.

I'm sure they'll be happy in their new home, and were out flying towards the Severn river banks the following morning.
Thank you again Mark, a "real nice guy" as described by my Alison

It’s lovely to be able to help a fellow beekeeper out. A forum member got me out of the mire when I was a beginner by giving me bees. I have given lots away too as a way of saying thank you. Mind you my donor did get a decent bottle of Malt. 😉

Hoping that one day I can do someone else a similar favour of too. Or indeed help Mark out in some way too. It's nice to know there are some altruistic people about still.
Lots. People help each other here all the time. If you’re in trouble or need a favour it’s always worth asking here.
Not just bees but experience.

Hoping that one day I can do someone else a similar favour of too. Or indeed help Mark out in some way too. It's nice to know there are some altruistic people about still.
I don't know what altruistic means but i will Google it:giggle:.
Hopefully you will come down again soon to maybe requeen some colonys on the Clee, I wanted to show you some of the out apiaries and perhaps we can make an afternoon of it.
I have colonys I want to break down after the summer flows and unite some of the not so strong.
Queen's to mark, and if its sooner maybe some grafts to look in on.

I had a look at the jam maker today it is huge and it's not just for fruit but veg to.
So maybe some chutney will get made as I'm parshal to runner bean, blackberry and apple and beetroot chutney.
The blackcurrants have done well this year and we like to make blackcurrant cordial and jelly.

Any suggestions what to do with carrot tops/greens? as our main crop carrots are a couple of feet tall and I want to use them, preserve them in some way.
After reading there is 6 times more vitimin c in the carrot greens compared to the actual root.

You won’t get the machine hot enough for jam or chutney. It’s mis named. It will work to sterilise bottled fruit and veg, yes but it won’t heat over 100 degrees

I've just seen this post Mark.
I was going to post a thank you to you, but wasn't sure if you would want naming in it.

But now you've posted this I can say thank you publicly. And thank you for allowing me to visit your stunning location, especially having just suffered a theft.

The honey warmer/Jam maker was the very least I could do for you.
I've still got a massive amount to learn, and your help and that of others here has made starting out a whole lot less forbidding.

I'm sure they'll be happy in their new home, and were out flying towards the Severn river banks the following morning.
Thank you again Mark, a "real nice guy" as described by my Alison
You won’t get the machine hot enough for jam or chutney. It’s mis named. It will work to sterilise bottled fruit and veg, yes but it won’t heat over 100 degrees
That's a shame still handy for honey:)

Latest posts

Back