Thank you. Best wishes for 2021.

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Karol

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
None
I just wanted to take a minute to say thank you to all essential workers during what has been a pretty tough year. I'm immensely proud of the selfless tireless work that my wife and daughter and their colleagues do front line at our local hospital and I'm grateful for the community spirit shown by all essential workers helping to keep us safe, clean, watered and fed. A big thank you to you all and best wishes to everyone for a safe, healthy and happy 2021.

A big shout out to all front line workers ... very difficult times for them all. I am appalled at the abuse they sometimes get from some elements of the Public ... NHS, Ambulance and Police ... there should be a Covid Campaign medal struck for all those who were in the front line.

Shout out from me too.
Why is it that patient facing NHS staff are not being prioritised for vaccination ? Surely after care home residents they should be next in line. Healthy 80 year olds living at home can surely wait?

Totally agree but it will pose a dilemma for me - I'm almost 80 so may be called soon!
I'd add teachers to the priority list.

Edit: don't laugh but I've applied to be a vaccinator. I've answered a questionnaire and supplied two one-minute videos: 1. Outline your career. 2: Describe what you would do if a just-vaccinated person began to feel poorly.

Update: I've fallen at the last hurdle. Turned down because I'm clinically vulnerable = over age 70.

Last edited:
I just wanted to take a minute to say thank you to all essential workers during what has been a pretty tough year. I'm immensely proud of the selfless tireless work that my wife and daughter and their colleagues do front line at our local hospital and I'm grateful for the community spirit shown by all essential workers helping to keep us safe, clean, watered and fed. A big thank you to you all and best wishes to everyone for a safe, healthy and happy 2021.
Eapecially in the storm that is about to break.

Best wishes to everyone for 2021 as well. Immensely proud of my wife who is a community pharmacist and my sister who went back to the wards to help out earlier in the year after years as a community psychiatric nurse.

Totally agree but it will pose a dilemma for me - I'm almost 80 so may be called soon!
I'd add teachers to the priority list.

Edit: don't laugh but I've applied to be a vaccinator. I've answered a questionnaire and supplied two one-minute videos: 1. Outline your career. 2: Describe what you would do if a just-vaccinated person began to feel poorly.

Update: I've fallen at the last hurdle. Turned down because I'm clinically vulnerable = over age 70.
Life is all about about creating yourself and your generosity of spirit speaks out. As Einstein notably said “Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow.”

Whilst we rightly celebrate our key workers and thank them for their service, perhaps we should all take a moment to reflect on those amongst us who have either had their life saving treatment suspended or worse, press on undiagnosed. These too are our silent hero's and perhaps victims of this brutal virus.

Latest posts

Back