Th*rnes open/sales day

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BKF Admin

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
If anyone is off to Wragby today could they take some pics for us of the new setup and sales.

Thanks,Mark.

Went today for my first scrum!!
Have to say I was pleasantly suprised, plenty of parking, a large sale area with plenty of room for everyone. The new shop area is very good, with lots on display and plenty of space.
Got what I needed so happy!

I went but didnt take any photos as I have just seen this thread. but first timer, got there at about 12ish. nice experience. lots of people there but lots of room. got what I went for but even at 12 lots of empty pallets and tables but still quite a bit left. will go earlier next year i hope

Considering the amounty of punters all falling over themselves I thought Th0rnesdid very well. There was some good stuff there , I came away with far too much

Got photos but will have to await the return of the daughter to show me how to transfer to PC

I think the trick is to get there at opening, we were there at 09:30 and straight in when the doors opened. I'll be bringing a sack barrow next time!

. I'll be bringing a sack barrow next time!

Amen to that. I arrived just gone 10, as the doors opened. All a bit frantic but plenty of most things about - only thing there didnt seem much of was 14x12 frames (but I got what I needed), and I think the 3rds were snapped up quickly. The warehouse was pretty desolate an hour later mind.

Didnt think about the need for a trolley though, definitely something to remember

It was good to meet so many like minded people. And advice from more experienced beeks was welcomed!

I got a few pics before the melee, but i can't upload them at work, so i'll have a go in the morning.

It was my first time, and it was most amusing to be sprinting to the bits i was after.
Of the thirds there were only 8 packs of supers and 4 brood! Took maybe 20 seconds for them all to go!
The way they were bundled led to much confusion though, as it was hard to get a set. I ended up with a mismatched set and couldn't find anyone with the corresponding pieces so gave up!

I was very impressed with the new site indeed. The new shop is easily 5-6 times the size of the Wragby one.
It'll be interesting to see how things go as they step up production. It has the potential to be massive....

The new shop is easily 5-6 times the size of the Wragby one.
It'll be interesting to see how things go as they step up production. It has the potential to be massive....

Am I the only one worried about *******? I don't buy their hives any more but I do rely on them for all kinds of other odds and ends. Such a rapid expansion in their operation in a volatile niche market must surely be very high risk. And when the demand shrinks as rapidly as it grew in the first place they have a host of new competition to contend with. I wouldn't want to see ******* go down.

Back