Beekeeping Forum

Help Support Beekeeping Forum:

Springer 

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
national
Number of Hives
Thanks all, I seem to have managed the basics with this and another post. I regularly post on a Brewing forum, its just a slightly different arrangement here.
I have been a watcher here for six months or so and have got a lot of knowledge from many helpful posts,.........however I have noted that there are far more over "enthusiastic" ,unsympathetic, aggressive, posts here than on the brewing one, where the attitude is usually laid back and positive to all.
Do a few bee keepers get affected by the temperament of the bees some days, do you think ?. I Seem to have lost the emotions at the moment? so can't add one here, but I am sure you know what I mean, sure there would be one that would fit nicely if I could find them.
S

Last edited:

kazmcc 

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
national
Number of Hives
None, although I have my eye on one ( Just don't tell Dusty ;) )
Yeah, they get a bit grumpy in winter when forage is sparse and the weather is cold heehee.

Great post admin, my kinda humour :p

admin 

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
national
Number of Hives
Hi Springer,nice to see you posting.

There are 5 reasons I can think of for the tone at times.

1/ The BBKA saga.
2/ Average age of posters(Grumpy old men).
3/ Beekeepers can never agree on hivemanship(Is that a word ?)
4/ Wife nags so much you have to come on here to let off steam(well thats my excuse).
5/ The hard censorship of another beekeeping forum causes members here to let go at times without getting blasted.

Springer 

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
national
Number of Hives
Like it all............ especially

Average age of posters(Grumpy old men).

I am slipping down this route fast, nothing to do with beekeeping :laughing-smiley-004
Considered myself old enough, so just bought my first cap, a sure badge of office to allow you to be grumpy :laughing-smiley-004

I think I worked out where the smiley etc. went, do you not get them with Q Reply as opposed to Add Reply?

Michaelf 

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
other
I think you only get the smiley if you do the keyboard shortcut for one like, : ) but without the gap.

Michael

admin 

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
national
Number of Hives
You only get them in a normal post not when using quick reply.

cheshirehives 

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
national
Number of Hives
Hey springer,

Good observation but nearly all the Beeks on here are a lovable lot, in a - have to luv em, rather than - want to, if u know what I mean. I can honestly say this is the most enjoyable forum I am part of the banter is really good sometimes. I think old or young we're all on our merry way to grumpiness so make hay I suppose, get involved.

Marc

MuswellMetro 

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Hey springer,

Good observation but nearly all the Beeks on here are a lovable lot, in a - have to luv em, rather than - want to, if u know what I mean. I can honestly say this is the most enjoyable forum I am part of the banter is really good sometimes. I think old or young we're all on our merry way to grumpiness so make hay I suppose, get involved.

Marc
)
unfortunately beekeeeping is like heroin, you get withdrawal symptoms when you stop

those grumpy old men [me included] have been without bees for a month, The withdrawal gets worse until about april with a break around christmas for oxalic or £hornes sale ( 29th November this year)

so role on May 2011 and we will all be back to normal

madasafish 

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
langstroth
Number of Hives
8x Langstroth, a few Lang nucs,1x TBH, and about 17 mating mini nucs
In April, the grumpy old men - that INCLUDES me- will be too busy doing things to waste time arguing over trifles like who said what about whatever, whenever.. etc..

Until then , that's all a lot of us have to do in cold dark winter days - apart from making money to feed our bees that is.

Test
Tested
Testes.

Ooops..