TESCO sugar

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Our Tesco Extra store has special purchase packs of Tate&Lyle cane sugar at £8 for 15kg limited to four packs per person

tried to go back twice:sifone:, and got told off by the manager, so sent the wife for the third trip

Last edited:
My local Roys supermarket is 59p per kilo.

Farmfoods is also 59p per kg but until last week it was 2kg for £1

COSTCO lakeside.(near Dartford bridge) £7.89 per 15kilo pack. Yesterday.

COSTCO lakeside.(near Dartford bridge) £7.89 per 15kilo pack. Yesterday.

first BJay&DJ, welcome to the forum

. i think that for the diffence obetween 53.3p to 52.6p per kilo i will just pope across the road to Tesco, rather than a 15 mile round trip to my nearest Cost co...but worth bearing in mind, if i pass one

25 kg bags from bookers delivered to the door, £16.00 a bag, not the cheapest but got through 15 gallons yesterday so bees are the most important, nothing for them round here at all

25 kg bags from bookers delivered to the door, £16.00 a bag, not the cheapest but got through 15 gallons yesterday so bees are the most important, nothing for them round here at all

Mine are going balmy for clover, wild mint, Rosebay willow herb and Balsam... I was out with the camera on Sunday and there were bees on just about every patch of flowers I saw. They are not storing a great deal (about drawing even), but there is still a large amount of brooding going on.... still 8-10 frames of brood in my strongest hives.... IMHO, too early to feed in our part of the world.

Tesco home delivery have a special for new customers, if you order £50+ on first order you can get £10 off which works out to be £7 after the cheapest £3 delivery charge.
Still I have 30 x 2Kg bags being delivered tomorrow which worked out approx 52p per kilo.

Just in time as I am going through sugar like crazy emergency feeding my hives!

Latest posts

Back