Tesco sugar deal

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Onge

Field Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
Langstroth
Number of Hives
9 Medium Poly, mostly foundation-less. Some run as Warre TBH
Hi all

Saw this deal on friday going to get a few on monday so don't rush out and buy them all. :)

it is about to end as an offer in our Tesco Extra

Had a few funny looks as i went through the check out with 75kg of sugar and a bottle of Gin

You'll need a load of sloes and a tad more gin I suspect :sifone:

Had a few funny looks as i went through the check out with 75kg of sugar and a bottle of Gin

Yup - last year I went through with about 12 litres of cheapest gin, 9 toilet rolls and a two-year old in the trolley. I thought they were going to call the police again.

Morrisons doing 2kg sugar for £1.30.

And children for a fiver.. deposit . £100 per week for the next 15 years then £250 per week for the next 10...

At a guess, the funny looks were because you had forgotten to get the angostura bitters!

Booker dont seem to have an offer on sugar this week.

1KG X15 BAGS@ £8.99 INC 60P/KG

25KG SACK@£13.99 - 56P/KG

Our local "Cheap Shop" sells sugar 59/65p a Kg all the year round. Shopping round might be ok if you want a ton of it, I'm happy with my local.

Think Bookers is a fairly good price considering they also deliver free of charge...had a pallet of bags delivered yesterday, 1 ton.

Hivemaker
I can honestly say that I have never seen bees that are so greedy as yours, 9 TBH hives and 1 apidea needing 1 Ton of sugar!!!!!!!!!!!!!They must be Nearly as fat as me when you have finished feeding.
Kev

Most of it goes in his coffee Beebreader,Its one sack for the bees and 39 sacks for his winter coffee stores.

Hivemaker
I can honestly say that I have never seen bees that are so greedy as yours, 9 TBH hives and 1 apidea needing 1 Ton of sugar!!!!!!!!!!!!!They must be Nearly as fat as me when you have finished feeding.
Kev

Some are slightly obese Kev....but the main point is i don't think you really appreciate that my TBH's are considerably longer than the norm.

Admin.....it's tea for me,not coffee,i like it sweet.

Last edited:
....are considerably longer than the norm.

The man has no shame! first he telling us about the size of his bees 'lunch box' and now he's boasting about length as well, no wonder his has a high energy intake :reddevil:

With 9 TBH's and must'nt forget the apidea, must be a good burglar deterrant, they would land up with serious injurys trying to carry them, by my calculations 2 cwt each inc the apidea.

Latest posts

Back