Tesco’s Honey

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can’t believe it... mine is around £5 a jar!
I would give your customers a taste test between them both and then say ow my prices are going up to £6 in line with what cgf had told me(y).

I also notice that tesco honey must be warmed up fairish because of the white foam on alot of the jars.
Their honey tasters need to give up smoking and be kicked in the pants!

I prefer aldi honey, infact alot of aldis products are better than tescos.

Send a couple of jars and your receipt to TS
It's a blend of Non-EU honeys ... it probably is honey but not as we know it ....

29.8p/100gm .... £1.35/lb ....just makes you wonder what the poor beekeeper gets for it in .... well ... we don't know do we ... could be anywhere.

I would give your customers a taste test between them both and then say ow my prices are going up to £6 in line with what cgf had told me(y).

I also notice that tesco honey must be warmed up fairish because of the white foam on alot of the jars.
Their honey tasters need to give up smoking and be kicked in the pants!

I prefer aldi honey, infact alot of aldis products are better than tescos.
There you are Mark ... nice litte earner for you. Buy it up, put it in the warming cabinet for a day or two, relabel it Titterstone Independent Traders Honey ... put the price up to £5 a jar and retire on the proceeds ... lot easier than milking bees ... we won't tell.

There you are Mark ... nice litte earner for you. Buy it up, put it in the warming cabinet for a day or two, relabel it Titterstone Independent Traders Honey ... put the price up to £5 a jar and retire on the proceeds ... lot easier than milking bees ... we won't tell.
😂😂😂😂

OMG I do hope that was an attempt at IRONY!!

Bee warned a beekeeper not so far from here was buying in Chinese ???honey??? repackaging and selling on as the real Cornish product.... he was caught and dissipated along with his grokkle shop business!!!!

Buy it up, put it in the warming cabinet for a day or two, relabel it Titterstone Independent Traders Honey ... put the price up to £5 a jar and retire on the proceeds

Sad thing is, this has happened, and is no doubt happening now.

Bee warned a beekeeper not so far from here was buying in Chinese ???honey??? repackaging and selling on as the real Cornish product.... he was caught and dissipated along with his grokkle shop business!!!!
I can't think anyone on here would seriously consider such mischief ... indeed, I'd be worried about branding anyone else's honey as my own .... if it hasn't come from your bees how do you know what it has got in it ?

Although with those prices in Tesco I could see someone less scrupulous being tempted ... hopefully not a beekeeper.

I can't think anyone on here would seriously consider such mischief ... indeed, I'd be worried about branding anyone else's honey as my own .... if it hasn't come from your bees how do you know what it has got in it ?
Ok buying from somebody else if you know and trust them but then selling it on as your own is a tad dishonest don’t you think?

Yes, near here too in 2006. he had a few hives in our parish

Attachments

• 11BB3556-B266-4255-AAC2-4ABD5DB3A912_1_201_a.jpeg
    11BB3556-B266-4255-AAC2-4ABD5DB3A912_1_201_a.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 155
It's a blend of Non-EU honeys ... it probably is honey but not as we know it ....

29.8p/100gm .... £1.35/lb ....just makes you wonder what the poor beekeeper gets for it in .... well ... we don't know do we ... could be anywhere.
The beekeeper may be doing all right - no doubt very little honey in it. It was soft set last time and someone on here said it was mainly sugar syrup according to trading standards. Not to forget it had the certification of the soil association on the label stating that it was organic! Is that on the label this time too. Who is the bottler?

The beekeeper may be doing all right - no doubt very little honey in it. It was soft set last time and someone on here said it was mainly sugar syrup according to trading standards. Not to forget it had the certification of the soil association on the label stating that it was organic! Is that on the label this time too. Who is the bottler?
It's Tesco own label so you can't tell ... it does not say organic like the one a week or two ago. The barcode does not register on barcode look up.

Ok buying from somebody else if you know and trust them but then selling it on as your own is a tad dishonest don’t you think?
LOL...I'd be out of business if that was a rule. We do not pack a single jar. All goes off via a trader to packers and a lot to other beekeepers who do not produce enough of their own.

Once saw 7 brands of heather honey in a shop in Edinburgh. We were supplying them all with honey. Saw 3 in Waitrose too. All were ours...and we know that because sourcing from us was in the product specs of all three. Interesting price variation and quality of finish on the honey..all left us the same with hmf <3. One brand was well darkened...

Reactions: mbc
LOL...I'd be out of business if that was a rule. We do not pack a single jar. All goes off via a trader to packers and a lot to other beekeepers who do not produce enough of their own.

Once saw 7 brands of heather honey in a shop in Edinburgh. We were supplying them all with honey. Saw 3 in Waitrose too. All were ours...and we know that because sourcing from us was in the product specs of all three. Interesting price variation and quality of finish on the honey..all left us the same with hmf <3. One brand was well darkened...
Yes ... but that's a bit different to taking any old honey and claiming it as your own local honey ...

Recent triumph! A lady with learning difficulties lives opposite my honey sales box. Bless her, she regularly brings me her empty and washed honey jars, proudly explaining that she buys her honey in Tescos. Imagine my joy when, for the last couple of weeks, she says she now prefers my honey!

Attachments

• 225AD702-F303-4FAE-8FA9-B42831DA929C.jpeg
    225AD702-F303-4FAE-8FA9-B42831DA929C.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 78
Yes ... but that's a bit different to taking any old honey and claiming it as your own local honey ...

Suits me to think of it that way but...the majority of our buyers (by number) of honey do just that...though that will actually be a tiny minority by tonnage.

Beekeepers sell each other honey all the time...never seen a label that flags that up.

Reactions: mbc

Latest posts

Back