TBH and Oxalic Acid

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TBRNoTB

Field Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
Other
Number of Hives
7: 1 KTBH . 3 14x12 , 1 Long fondationless 14x12 + 2 Nat +some empty ones :(
What is the best way to treat (if you are going to) a TBH with Oxalic Acid, or is it not possible considering the bars will need to be closed up rapidly?:confused:
Regards
TBRNoTB

If you use a syringe you could tease the bars apart enough to apply but not enough for the bees to crawl upwards.

I will not even try .. Apiguard only.

Dribbling oxalic acid through a TBH seems a thankless and dangerous job in winter - losing all the heat and undoing all the propolis.. and bees getting very angry with the cold...and missing half of them...

No thanks...

I guess it could be sprayed up through the OMF wearing full chem warfare suits. Not got my head round the winter treatment of TBH yet...especially as the only hive we have with a noticeable drop is a TBH :/. Ideas.....and let them die ain't one ;). And weather still far too bad to move the PseudoApiguard down to the bottom from a gap at the top.

Icing sugar...........:cheers2:

As I am a beek on my own (as far as bees are concerned) any operation requiring two people is out.

I think I might buy one of these for treatment

http://tinyurl.com/377om43

Or get rid of the TBH and get a proper hive :) bonfire night soon lol

A tray of Apiguard in the base is really the only way to go - closing up the open mesh floor as much as pos.

Latest posts

Back