Taylors beehouse & hives

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dont like the look of the hives but that bee shed :cheers2:

I really like the look of the shed. i assumed the Hives were 14 X 12 boxes/ perhaps an adaption of the long hive??
I am certainly keen to try a beeshed when i give up the day job. Just a matter of raising the capital.

this is the shed in a bigger and better document, they are just getting on the eco band wagon, the shed was made for a idiot in london how is so up his own he referes to it as a bee engine, the boxes are long bar hives and if you have never worked with them think top bar with a frame, you would normaly have 15 to 25 frames inside each depending on what you want

View attachment 662

Last edited:
As you can see I'm a complete newbie and am looking to start to purchase hives etc. However, I have been told that bee houses are very common in Europe and was wondering about converting my shed. Has anyone got any info on what is needed. Also, are the hives standard nationals or some other variant? thanks.

See the video section for a tour of HedgerowPete's bee house. The one in the links so far is almost as nice, but not quite.:)

What about a bee caravan? A caravan is is only a wooden shed with plastic on the outside. You could strip out an old caravan and insert them through the sides as in Pete's shed. Ideal for moving to the fields and more secure than open hives. Though if they nick the caravan they nick the lot.

i know and have worked with a proffesional be farmer in wales and he uses caravan chassis to carry bee hives on, he strips the shell of and fits a bottom board to which every thing is screwed to, the only problem you will get with a bee caravan in holding the hives in place as you drive

Latest posts

Back