Tattoo's

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hachi

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
Commercial
Number of Hives
Damn! A lot more than I ever thought I'd have
As I enter middle age disgracefully and my emotional constipation increasing almost daily, I find myself hankering for a tattoo, no ordinary tattoo tho, a tattoo of a bee. My first tattoo [drunk] was done by Winnie in Aldershot who was the mascot and sweetheart for all military who passed thro the "shot" and her Tattoo parlour.

Whom ever I choose to do the deed, needs to portray my bee in great detail a bit like some of the amazing 'inking' men and ladies have these days some are absolutely beautiful works of art.

So my first Q; Can anyone recommend aforementioned artist to complete the work?

Then my next Q; The design. I want it as lifelike as possible .....

My final Q will come as no surprise; Location. Cheeks, either pair as a suggestion, will make me smile bit nothing more.

So, anyone got any advice?

Life's too short Phil looking back I should have said, as my passage thro middle age passes the mid point.....

As I enter middle age disgracefully and my emotional constipation increasing almost daily, I find myself hankering for a tattoo, no ordinary tattoo tho, a tattoo of a bee. My first tattoo [drunk] was done by Winnie in Aldershot who was the mascot and sweetheart for all military who passed thro the "shot" and her Tattoo parlour.

Whom ever I choose to do the deed, needs to portray my bee in great detail a bit like some of the amazing 'inking' men and ladies have these days some are absolutely beautiful works of art.

My final Q will come as no surprise; Location. Cheeks, either pair as a suggestion, will make me smile bit nothing more.

I have a radiotherapy positioning dot on my décolletage and while I can live with it I’m jolly well not dying with it so I am having a bee tattooed over it. We shall have to compare bees. 😆

Here are a few other Aldershot memories
Tony' s fish and chip shop.
The Gurkha restaurant
The Royal Exchange
The Pegasus
And then the one who's name escapes me that was underground next to the Indian restaurant!
Those were the days

I was once sat in a meeting and during the break people started talking about their tattoos. Being the oldest person in attendance and probably feeling a bit left out, when asked by a 'youngster' with a silly smurk of his face if I had a 'Tatt' I replied, " yes I have a tattoo, its a goldfish on my belly that turns into a whale when I breathe out" !!!
I did own up , that no I don't have a tattoo and although I don't have a problem if anyone wishes to, I have no wish to spoil with ink what I was given by my mother.

Sorry no recommendation but a quick google search would suggest that this studio might meet your needs:

https://afinetattoo.com/martin-welsh/
The page indicates that he started by being Winnie's apprentice, examples can be found here: Facebook

As for the image well copying a photo would be the simplest. I'm sure you have a favourite one of your own which would be best to stop any copywrite issues cropping up at a later date. As to location, size and whether it's actually something you should do, only you can know that.

The Gurkha restaurant
The Royal Exchange
The Pegasus
And then the one who's name escapes me that was underground next to the Indian restaurant!
Those were the days

Was it the Globe? I can see it just cant remember the name

1982 for me and yes the Globetrotter I was close

The Gurkha restaurant
The Royal Exchange
The Pegasus
Those were the days
In the mid 1970's I managed Woolworths Aldershot - next door to the Pegasus - we used to have a beer on a Friday (and sometimes a Wednesday) in there before I drove home to Horndean ... those were the days ... my assistant manager lived in the Tumble Down Dick at Farnborough and once in a while we went there but it was a dump ....

In the mid 1970's I managed Woolworths Aldershot - next door to the Pegasus - we used to have a beer on a Friday (and sometimes a Wednesday) in there before I drove home to Horndean ... those were the days ... my assistant manager lived in the Tumble Down Dick at Farnborough and once in a while we went there but it was a dump ....
I was actually a policeman in Aldershot in those days. The coincidences are huge. Had many a shoplifter from Woolworths. Infact met my wife trying to push one very large German female shoplifter into the back of a panda car in 1976. ( Another long story!) My wife was also a waitress at the Tumbledown Dick for a very short while in her you get days!!!!! She says she understands now why you never left a tip.

Don’t listen to the nay sayers! I have two tattoos both with different meanings and I don’t regret either.
This bee was done by our local tattoo place (not my tattoo but nice all the same). Incidentally they’re doing me a shark tattoo soon👍🏻F2246C79-010A-463E-B956-05DA68C8E503.png

Latest posts

Back