tattoos?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

onymee

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
None
my late father was a soldier, and he had tattoos.I've always found good ones to be works of art, but sort of felt that women shouldn't have them. Then, I hit 57 years and thought I'd quite like one. Decided to have one and have it sponsored, so I raised £100 for Greenpeace by having this:
546054_10151017079116606_1007970530_n.jpg

Am now planning on having another this year and am still designing it. So, who has tattoos, what are they of and why did you have that particular design?

A bike, as I'm a biker, three feathers and a dragon as I'm also welsh.

A bike, as I'm a biker, three feathers and a dragon as I'm also welsh.

my ex (now also late) was a biker. He was a Canadian, colour wearing biker. Met his match with this fiery English woman though hehehe
What do you ride?

A bird (type of lovebird I guess) with Mam and Dad on i had it a few years after y father's death.
SWMBO thought that she should have one - I suggested 'property of D E Jenkins' on her backside :eek: (did not mention that the tattooist could squeeze the address in as well :D)

I'm planning a sort of tree of life on my lower leg next. Twisting vine with a cockroach (cos I keep and like them) a bee, some fruit. Starting at my big toe and twisting around my calf.
We Brits would paint ourselves with woad in the olden days and many cultures around the world have tattoos as part of their culture for both sexes. I must admit I found the process so relaxing that I almost fell asleep as it was being done lol

I also have Wendy tattooed on a very private part ............

did you run out of space for the surname ?

got the fright of my life the first time my hubby walked out the room naked and I saw the eyes tattoo'd on his buttocks...I like when someone winks at you but that was a step too far.

did you run out of space for the surname ?

got the fright of my life the first time my hubby walked out the room naked and I saw the eyes tattoo'd on his buttocks...I like when someone winks at you but that was a step too far.

9pm is my watershed anymore .......... sleep won't come easy to-night with that image.:eek:

my late father was a soldier, and he had tattoos.I've always found good ones to be works of art, but sort of felt that women shouldn't have them. Then, I hit 57 years and thought I'd quite like one. Decided to have one and have it sponsored, so I raised £100 for Greenpeace by having this:
546054_10151017079116606_1007970530_n.jpg

Am now planning on having another this year and am still designing it. So, who has tattoos, what are they of and why did you have that particular design?

Very nice, if you like that kind of thing.

But wouldn't it have been better to remember Fernando Pereira, the poor guy who died as a result of the French government's criminal actions? After all,the Rainbow Warrior was just a boat.

Very nice, if you like that kind of thing.

But wouldn't it have been better to remember Fernando Pereira, the poor guy who died as a result of the French government's criminal actions? After all,the Rainbow Warrior was just a boat.

The sinking of the Rainbow warrior was about the whole thing. The French government's terrorist act on a civilian ship, the deaths, the damage, the lies. There is a whole generation of people who don't know what happened. The Tat' was done in order to elicit enquiries so that I can keep his memory alive. To that end it needed to be interesting and attractive. A simple "RIP Fernando Pereira" might not have done so as people might have assumed he was a relative, and not asked in case they upset me.

The sinking of the Rainbow warrior was about the whole thing. The French government's terrorist act on a civilian ship, the deaths, the damage, the lies. There is a whole generation of people who don't know what happened. The Tat' was done in order to elicit enquiries so that I can keep his memory alive. To that end it needed to be interesting and attractive. A simple "RIP Fernando Pereira" might not have done so as people might have assumed he was a relative, and not asked in case they upset me.

Maybe so. Who remembers Blair Peach or Liddle Towers?

Maybe so. Who remembers Blair Peach or Liddle Towers?

exactly. I had vaguely heard of them but only the names with no details. Whereas just about every adult knows Rainbow Warrior since there are still ships of that name coming up against Whalers, Arctic oil drillers etc.The people who man the ships are very attached to them. I knew someone who was on one of them, some years ago and he said that the crew felt very much like they (humans) and the ship were almost one entity and in it together. I am passionate about the environment, raise money for Greenpeace and Sea Shepherd whenever I can.Not just because I feel I owe it to my grandchildren to leave them a world they (and their grandchildren) can enjoy living in as I do, and because I am so concerned, beekeeping seemed a natural progression.
So "Remember the Rainbow Warrior". :D and Fernando Pereira will also be remembered.

A woman goes into a tattoo parlour and says, “In two weeks time I’m going to marry a man who is mad about bees. Can you tattoo a bee on each cheek of my arse?”
“Certainly.” Says the tattoo artist. “I can fit you in now.”
On the wedding night the beekeeper is sat in bed waiting for his new wife to join him.
“I’ve a surprise for you” says the blushing bride. She takes off her dress, pulls down her nickers, bends over and says, “What d’you think of that then?”
The beekeeper looks hurt and confused and blurts out, “Who the hell’s Bob?”

As a boy(15) I worked down a coal mine !
The baths(showers ) were communal. One collier was tattooed , one lower leg had a snake coiled around it,the outside of the leg also carried a dagger apparently wrapped around by the snake .
His piece de resistance was the back half of a rat tattooed on his inner buttock giving the appearance of a rat disappearing up his backside ! This was in 1952!
VM

As a boy(15) I worked down a coal mine !
The baths(showers ) were communal. One collier was tattooed , one lower leg had a snake coiled around it,the outside of the leg also carried a dagger apparently wrapped around by the snake .
His piece de resistance was the back half of a rat tattooed on his inner buttock giving the appearance of a rat disappearing up his backside ! This was in 1952!
VM

Know of someone who had a hunting scene running down his back 0 horses, hounds the lot - and the fox was in a small valley on the point of going to earth..............
He also had Ludo tattoed someplace else although the girls insisted it said llandudno :D

I wonder if any beeks have a swarm of bees flying from a skep on their shoulder and going down towards the nearest convenient hole................... Now That'd be something to see.

Latest posts

Back