Taking The Air

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thedeaddiplomat

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
sadly, no more!
Just thought you might be interested to know that my girls are taking advantage of a beautiful, sunny and relatively mild (8 degrees) afternoon to pop out at stretch their wings a little!

:party:

Anyone else noticed the same?

Yes, yellow snow- but sadly some divebombed into the snow and too cold to return. But not enough to block the entrance a bit- and all hives buzz when nudged so fingers crossed down South!

We are supposed to warm up on Friday here in Hants(9c).

We had 3 inches of snow last night but it is just starting to thaw.

6 inches of snow here overnight a day off work. One hive thought it would be good to go out resulting in lots of chilled bees.

About 2 inches of slush overnight here in North Devon. I wish it would go now as I can see loads of bees in the snow even though I shadowed the entrances with some ply.

The temperature almost made double figures here in South Devon today and the little snow we did have us long gone.

I didn't get to my hives during daylight but apparently they were really active, lots sunning themselves on the front and loads in the air all tracking the same direction.

Si

Well I for one have had enough of the snow hope it goes soon.:cheers2:

Just thought you might be interested to know that my girls are taking advantage of a beautiful, sunny and relatively mild (8 degrees) afternoon to pop out at stretch their wings a little!

:party:

Anyone else noticed the same?

Checked my 5 today and all were fairly busy but as I am in same county as you this shouldn't surprise. Some were having a bit of a clear out though, just hope there are not too many corpses to dispose of!

I must live in a different world, it does highlight the contrasting conditions this country offers..

Today....max -1.1'c

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back