Tainted honey?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Howsoonisnow

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
None
If bees are thymol treated for varroa in August, how soon after can supers be returned for any autumn flow and the honey not be tainted?

Thanks

Hmm. All my supers taken off before treatment, extracted and back for quick lick out- then stored. They are down to brood now to store for winter, except for a couple where I left one super which is tainted and is their winter food as they are big colonies.
Are you hoping for 2nd harvest???

Dr Stitson- you lead people astray - shame on you:D

There is a flow on right now from HB.

A smaller colony that I'm trying to feed is almost ignoring the sugar water in favour of the flow.

There is a flow on right now from HB.

A smaller colony that I'm trying to feed is almost ignoring the sugar water in favour of the flow.

And you are wanting to put supers on a small colony at this time of year?

Leave it to them to build up and then you might not be needing to feed them.

Remember winter feed/fondant is more of an emergency operation, winter feeding is not the norm.

Who can tell. 2 years ago they were foraging on Christmas eve here. Certainly not a flow but the season hung on for ages. If you are urban, there may be a lot of steady foraging to come yet. There again..... So don't count on it.

Regards, RAB

How soon after can supers be returned for any autumn flow and the honey not be tainted?

(The small colony is being fed (no super)).

Not knowing which product you are actually using, can only suggest you read the relevant instructions! All the information will be there!

RAB

All the NHS staff in our association wear latex gloves!

I used to take gloves home by saying I was doing an oil change/changing printer ink ect and patients would not like to be cannulated by someone who has hands that look like they have just come from a shift at quickfit.

I used to take gloves home by saying I was doing an oil change/changing printer ink ect and patients would not like to be cannulated by someone who has hands that look like they have just come from a shift at quickfit.

Oh don't.
Takes me back to when I was on traction and the "blood nurse" used to come every day and take a sample. Never could work out how the traction was affecting my blood?

Latest posts

Back