Sweaty Feet -

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beeboybee

Field Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
6 >12 - 14x12 + Nucs
i have had enough of wearing wellies with a full bee suit, whilst i will continue with the full suit, what do people use on there feet,
wellies just get too hot and heavy.

boring but its all i think about every time its get hot!

:ack2::ack2::ack2:

i have had enough of wearing wellies with a full bee suit, whilst i will continue with the full suit, what do people use on there feet,

Try being a barefoot beekeeper?
Rigger boots are quite often seen or one of our association wears trainers with gaiters. I've worn ordinary shoes with extra long jeans. This works most of the time but obviously highly defensive bees would cause painful problems.

I'm using military boots, for no other reason that I have them, and use them as normal shoes, but they are just fine for the job and not too hot.

I never get sweaty feet in my neoprene muckboots
But then I'm a lady :)

In this weather I wear me slippers, which are leather moccasins.

Yup, shorts and flip flops.
When I do need boots for protection I rub my feet with boots super absorbant foot powder and pop some in the end of my socks, works well.

I use mukluks if that's how you spell they are for fishing both feet are the same no left or right and they have lambs wool inners and rubberized top that seals against legs perfect no sweating

I have used Elton hydrofell chainsaw boots for the two years they are really comfortable no sweaty feet and guaranteed not to be stung on the ankle.

I should have worn my boots yesterday . Hot sweaty and a nice fat cankle thanks to one of my girls crawling up my sock itching like mad now .

Breathable trainers and walking socks with legs tucked in if they are getting fiesty down there or there's a load crawling around, and if its getting dicey some gaffa tape

BUT if I know its a mean colony i'm going to be messing with - wellies and gaffa tape

Most stings received are on forearms and in the top of trouser pockets when not wearing a full suit - dependent upon colonies temperment

It varies... someties an old pair of RM Williams boots or a pair of trainers but I normally wear a pair of Buckler steel toecap work boots when I go to my bees as that is what I generally wear whilst gardening or working at my land rovers etc when I am at home. I don't change footwear just to go and look at bees. Wellie boots only get donned when the grass in my apiaries is really wet.

Work boots or walking boots that lace up over the ankle with the leg ends of my suit tucked in

I use Aldi's Workwear boots with steel toecaps#. I worry about dropping a box on my feet. I dropped a full super - or at least one end on soft ground but missed my toes.. (the perils of 9 fingers and a weakened left hand)

# edit under £20 and good for grass cutting as well.

I never ever wear soft toed shoes beekeeping in full summer humphing boxes around season. Wellies ok for winter..

I once had someone drop a forklift fork on my big toe..when a student. Broken toe, A&E and lots of pain...

Last edited:
dont know about sweaty feet, sweaty everything today :)

Back