• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Beekeeping Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

swarms wanted bristol area 2013

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bemmyboy

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
None
I am after a swarm for my top bar hive this year in the bristol area, I am a disabled beekeeper unable to manage conventional hives. I would be grateful of any this year please.

Many thanks

Have you joined your local club as they will be able to sort you out a swarm as and when they come about
I am on the ABKA'S swarm collectors list for the Keynsham branch so if your in my area PM me with your details and phone number and I'll get in contact
All the best
Dave

Hiya

Can you not make increase from your existing colony/ies? Save you buying more?

It is also headed 'swarms'. And 'any' doesn't seem appropriate when only one is apparently needed. I would need more confirmation that this is a bona fide plea before recommending all and sundry to pass over umpteen swarms on the strength of this post.

I looked back at the other two posts from this person and saw that they 'just recently built a few TBH's'. I'm a suspicious landlord and this doesn't quite ring true at this time.

I was given a swarm May 2010 and another last year. Last years swarm died out this winter, although was fed. Remaining colony questionable at this stage. I am hoping to make increase through splitting in may of this year,all going well! When the swarm season begins this year I would be grateful of any swarms, having kept bees for over ten years, giving up conventional hives through disability. I now have two adapted Langstroths (on legs and two Top bar hive (kenyan), only one Kenyan has bees. My family help me with my bees (lifting) and I also have additional help from friends.

Latest posts

Back