Swarming Reversal

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gwt_uk

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
During my last inspection a week ago I found a couple of charged queen cells in a colony. I took them down to buy a bit of time. Plenty eggs present.

I went back today with the intention of finding the queen and putting her in a Nuc box. I was expecting to find more charged cells.

However on inspection I only found a few empty cups - at first I thought they had already swarmed but there were plenty of eggs (didn’t see the queen).

I had taken a super of honey from this colony and returned it the day after I had extracted it. This super has been completely refilled.

Did they just decide against swarming?

When you had a filled super there, did you had more partly filled supers? If not, bees must pack nectar into brood frames.

When you get one box capped honey, you should have at same time two supers, where bees put nectar to dry up.

When you had a filled super there, did you had more partly filled supers? If not, bees must pack nectar into brood frames.

When you get one box capped honey, you should have at same time two supers, where bees put nectar to dry up.
Yes there was another part filled super below

Latest posts

Back